Hi There!

Hi there,

My name's Adrian Dunstan, im a 24yo software developer from Perth, Western Australia.

Ive been working for some software companies for the last few years now, mainly working with databases and management systems. My hobbies include building my own computers, writing freeware programs, working on my car and of course playing computer games :).

I prefer playing computer games that have a bit of depth and background like Thief or Silent Hill. Im addicted to the Total War games and also the Age of Empires series.

I dont play games much anymore due to real life taking a front seat a lot more nowdays, but ive been watching 0ad ever since it was announced and been amazed at the progress! Keep up the good work guys!

If you ever need any help with programming or database stuff, id be happy to help!

Cheers

Welcome! If you want to become part opf the crew, the Applications page is the place :) . I'm sure the crew could use more programmers, since that's the only part left in develepment.

Please point us to where we've said that. Programming is the big bottleneck for the moment, mostly because the game is so large at this stage that it takes a lot of time to learn the code. Thus it's really only the old coders who still continue to write since a lot of people who join the team to program don't seem to have understood how large this project is and how much time it takes to get done.

A reason why programming is one of the hardest areas to get done quickly is just that it gets harder the larger the project is. I mean, it's not more difficult to create a model for a game that has 200 units than for a game that has 20, it just takes more time or more people. Writing code for a large game is more difficult however, there are so many things that needs to work together and work in the first place so that adding more people isn't always the answer as it often can take a lot of time to get people up to speed in working with the game - and then they realize how difficult it is or how much of their time it will take and they leave, thus making the time spent on teaching them wasted.