Error code spam.

Munch Bar.

2 hours 15 minutes in a 2v2, 3 bots (LMS enabled), one bot was defeated and another only had a fortress and defence tower remaining (in my ally’s territory), then all this started showing up. 

(Mods: referenceSuitePlus, map: Latium)

Can you please attach a replay of the situation where the error occurred? That would help us identify steps to reproduce the problem.

This article explains where to find replay files. It would also help if you would attach mainlog.html. Note that mainlog.html is erased and started from scratch each time you restart 0ad. So, ensure that the problem has occurred, shut down 0ad, and attach mainlog.html before the next time you start 0ad. If you use a sandboxed version of 0ad such as a Snap, AppImage, or Flatpak, then 0ad user data files may be stored in a different folder from the default.

If you are interested in helping narrow down the possible causes of the problem then you can see whether the symptoms are reproducible without any mods enabled, or by changing other variables such as gameplay conditions.

Based on the description, I would guess that there is a bug in the AI code if the AI player does not control any structures that can produce builder units. Maybe there is also a bug related to establishing an attack plan if the AI player does not control any combat units. Why wasn't the AI player considered defeated at that point? Maybe the AI player had at least one builder unit at that time.

Edited by Norse_Harold

23 minutes ago, Norse_Harold said:

I would guess

I couldn't even guess. What I find interesting is that 1. the buildercounter for player 4 is "<0" (I would assume the lowest possible would be "=0") and 2. that there's a theater in the kush list.

2 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

Can you please attach a replay of the situation where the error occurred? That would help us identify steps to reproduce the problem.

This article explains where to find replay files. It would also help if you would attach mainlog.html. Note that mainlog.html is erased and started from scratch each time you restart 0ad. So, ensure that the problem has occurred, shut down 0ad, and attach mainlog.html before the next time you start 0ad. If you use a sandboxed version of 0ad such as a Snap, AppImage, or Flatpak, then 0ad user data files may be stored in a different folder from the default.

If you are interested in helping narrow down the possible causes of the problem then you can see whether the symptoms are reproducible without any mods enabled, or by changing other variables such as gameplay conditions.

Based on the description, I would guess that there is a bug in the AI code if the AI player does not control any structures that can produce builder units. Maybe there is also a bug related to establishing an attack plan if the AI player does not control any combat units. Why wasn't the AI player considered defeated at that point? Maybe the AI player had at least one builder unit at that time.

The AI that was bugged had control of 47% of the map. Also, there’s an error in the replay. 

On 26/4/2024 at 3:38 AM, Norse_Harold said:

The video you have posted is not enough for us to reproduce the symptoms. Can you please try to post the replay file that demonstrates the problem? If you need help finding it, talk to me on IRC after 18:00 UTC.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. The replays were all bugged and not working, but the situation has returned in “Elephantine”, again with Player 4. 

What player 4 was doing was just the usual territory war against player 2. (All replays are bugged, and getting the replay for this match will also likely be bugged).

IMG_4034.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

22 hours ago, Munch Bar. said:

The replays were all bugged and not working

Does an error message appear when you try to play the replays? Are the replays not visible unless you uncheck "filter compatible replays" at the upper right? That doesn't mean they aren't usable to a developer. Can you please uncheck "filter compatible replays", identify the folder names of some likely replays (listed at the bottom of the replay interface when an appropriate replay is selected) that demonstrate the Petra errors about "incrementalBuilderCounters" or "undefined has no properties", and attach those replays to a post here. This post explains where to find the replay files.

The videos are not useful for helping us identify steps to reproduce the symptoms. If you must use a video then enable "Gametime Overlay" in Settings, Options, General. Also capture video footage approximately 1 minute before the problem occurs and 10 seconds after. But, it would probably still be insufficient information for reproducing the symptoms, since the cause might be off-screen. A replay is the best information, even if doesn't seem to be playable by your game client. A developer can examine the replay file to identify the necessary mods and their versions in order to make the replay usable.

Edited by Norse_Harold

2 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

Does an error message appear when you try to play the replays? Are the replays not visible unless you uncheck "filter compatible replays" at the upper right? That doesn't mean they aren't usable to a developer. Can you please uncheck "filter compatible replays", identify the folder names of some likely replays (listed at the bottom of the replay interface when an appropriate replay is selected) that demonstrate the Petra errors about "incrementalBuilderCounters" or "undefined has no properties", and attach those replays to a post here. This post explains where to find the replay files.

The videos are not useful for helping us identify steps to reproduce the symptoms. If you must use a video then enable "Gametime Overlay" in Settings, Options, General. Also capture video footage approximately 1 minute before the problem occurs and 10 seconds after. But, it would probably still be insufficient information for reproducing the symptoms, since the cause might be off-screen. A replay is the best information, even if doesn't seem to be playable by your game client. A developer can examine the replay file to identify the necessary mods and their versions in order to make the replay usable.

Sir, maybe you don’t understand…

I can’t use the replays, they are all bugged. By that, I mean that they aren’t working, they aren’t showing the real footage. I could start a game, start with a house and farmstead. Replay would have nobody moving, just the occasional, + 2 random buildings in a random location like 2 storehouses that weren’t placed in gameplay. 

The replays don’t work…

26 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Why don't you upload one anyway? Or the logs? Are you trolling?

When you (save and) exit a match and resume it later the replays will be rubbish, maybe that's the case?

I did show a reply, lad. Look near the middle.

Edited by Munch Bar.
Typo.

Gurken Khan, you reminded me that replays aren't usable if a savegame was loaded.

Munch Bar, here is what you need to do in order to help us help you. Please start a new game of 0ad and do a complete playthrough without saving and reloading. If the problem occurs then run the match for another 30 seconds, then stop the match and send us the replay right away. The replay will be easy to find because it will be the most recent one.

Edited by Norse_Harold