Jump to content

Civ: Galatians


wowgetoffyourcellphone
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 years later...

Possible emblem

https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/galatia/

1-1-hidirsihlar-tumulus-bolu.jpg?w=1024&

Galatian bronze plate and H-Shaped horse bit  – from Hidirsihlar tumulus, Bolu, Turkey (3rd c. BC)

Galatian coins:

https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/coins-of-the-galatian-kings/

 

 

deio-2-3-b.jpg

Fig. 4-5 – Kings Of Galatia, Deiotaros. (Ca 62-40 BC) AE. Obverse: Laureate head of Zeus right. Reverse: Large monogram and Celtic oval shield.

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/09/2026 at 8:46 AM, Ultimate Aurelian said:

Possible emblem

https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/galatia/

1-1-hidirsihlar-tumulus-bolu.jpg?w=1024&

Galatian bronze plate and H-Shaped horse bit  – from Hidirsihlar tumulus, Bolu, Turkey (3rd c. BC)

Galatian coins:

https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/coins-of-the-galatian-kings/

 

 

deio-2-3-b.jpg

Fig. 4-5 – Kings Of Galatia, Deiotaros. (Ca 62-40 BC) AE. Obverse: Laureate head of Zeus right. Reverse: Large monogram and Celtic oval shield.

What style will you use?

Coin/relief style emblem.

Shield style emblem ( like painted shield)

In both cases, at least the shape of the head must be drawn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said:

What style will you use?

Coin/relief style emblem.

Shield style emblem ( like painted shield)

In both cases, at least the shape of the head must be drawn.

I was think it could be the reverse of the coin (i like the combinaition of a celtic shield with greek writing)

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

I was think it could be the reverse of the coin (i like the combinaition of a celtic shield with greek writing)

What color do you imagine it to be?

Celtic-Logo.thumb.png.6079eae1920b26804ab35b9226551730.png

I can imagine the Celtic's color, I don't know why, apart from the obvious. 

The Greek letter in one color(yellow or Orange)  and the rest in other colors including green.

Edited by Nicolaus_von_Kues
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said:

What color do you imagine it to be?

Celtic-Logo.thumb.png.6079eae1920b26804ab35b9226551730.png

I can imagine the Celtic's color, I don't know why, apart from the obvious. 

The Greek letter in one color(yellow or Orange)  and the rest in other colors including green.

I was thinking of a somewhat realistic silver coin (perhaps similar to Ptolemaic emblem, but silver instead of gold).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said:

 

Is the coin round or slightly misshapen?

 

First one seems a bit deformed.

Second one is rounder and might just be damaged by age.

I suppose it's not too much artistic license to make it round (specially since it would be brand new at the time).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

First one seems a bit deformed.

Second one is rounder and might just be damaged by age.

I suppose it's not too much artistic license to make it round (specially since it would be brand new at the time).

It will be colored for the same reasons as the Athenian coin, which is what I regret about the Seleucid and Ptolemaic emblems.

What was the new one supposed to look like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said:

It will be colored for the same reasons as the Athenian coin, which is what I regret about the Seleucid and Ptolemaic emblems.

What was the new one supposed to look like?

I suppose a new coin would be bright silver and rounder (no damage).

If its in color i think you could a white monogram and white shield (shield has a wooden spina with iron boss ).

Background can be a sort of medium blue (as seen in depictions of Galatians with blue cloaks).

19078.jpg.webp?v=1718049855-1718180240

 

 6Ydatxl.thumb.jpg.46ecc8375fcc848a399faddc3e0377c3.jpg

5MxwqEG.thumb.jpg.e0bc8509bb05527237b644840ad6280a.jpg

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ultimate Aurelian said:

I suppose a new coin would be bright silver and rounder (no damage).

If its in color i think you could a white monogram and white shield (shield has a wooden spina with iron boss ).

Background can be a sort of medium blue (as seen in depictions of Galatians with blue cloaks).

19078.jpg.webp?v=1718049855-1718180240

 

 6Ydatxl.thumb.jpg.46ecc8375fcc848a399faddc3e0377c3.jpg

5MxwqEG.thumb.jpg.e0bc8509bb05527237b644840ad6280a.jpg

And you're right, someone does get the wrong idea about Total War games without mods.1632314630_images(29).png.75d51ee3c4e3f15febffa99da821e6c3.png

That's why I associate them with "Celtic" and imagine Ireland. 

I know they are in Anatolia, but I know very little about this culture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...