wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted January 21, 2024 Share Posted January 21, 2024 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ultimate Aurelian Posted September 14 Share Posted September 14 (edited) Possible emblem https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/galatia/ Galatian bronze plate and H-Shaped horse bit – from Hidirsihlar tumulus, Bolu, Turkey (3rd c. BC) Galatian coins: https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/coins-of-the-galatian-kings/ Fig. 4-5 – Kings Of Galatia, Deiotaros. (Ca 62-40 BC) AE. Obverse: Laureate head of Zeus right. Reverse: Large monogram and Celtic oval shield. Edited September 14 by Ultimate Aurelian 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted Friday at 02:29 Share Posted Friday at 02:29 On 14/09/2026 at 8:46 AM, Ultimate Aurelian said: Possible emblem https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/galatia/ Galatian bronze plate and H-Shaped horse bit – from Hidirsihlar tumulus, Bolu, Turkey (3rd c. BC) Galatian coins: https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/coins-of-the-galatian-kings/ Fig. 4-5 – Kings Of Galatia, Deiotaros. (Ca 62-40 BC) AE. Obverse: Laureate head of Zeus right. Reverse: Large monogram and Celtic oval shield. What style will you use? Coin/relief style emblem. Shield style emblem ( like painted shield) In both cases, at least the shape of the head must be drawn. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ultimate Aurelian Posted Friday at 02:31 Share Posted Friday at 02:31 (edited) 2 minutes ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: What style will you use? Coin/relief style emblem. Shield style emblem ( like painted shield) In both cases, at least the shape of the head must be drawn. I was think it could be the reverse of the coin (i like the combinaition of a celtic shield with greek writing) Edited Friday at 02:31 by Ultimate Aurelian Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted Friday at 04:58 Share Posted Friday at 04:58 (edited) 2 hours ago, Ultimate Aurelian said: I was think it could be the reverse of the coin (i like the combinaition of a celtic shield with greek writing) What color do you imagine it to be? I can imagine the Celtic's color, I don't know why, apart from the obvious. The Greek letter in one color(yellow or Orange) and the rest in other colors including green. Edited Friday at 05:01 by Nicolaus_von_Kues Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ultimate Aurelian Posted Friday at 07:51 Share Posted Friday at 07:51 2 hours ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: What color do you imagine it to be? I can imagine the Celtic's color, I don't know why, apart from the obvious. The Greek letter in one color(yellow or Orange) and the rest in other colors including green. I was thinking of a somewhat realistic silver coin (perhaps similar to Ptolemaic emblem, but silver instead of gold). Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted Friday at 22:12 Share Posted Friday at 22:12 14 hours ago, Ultimate Aurelian said: I was thinking of a somewhat realistic silver coin (perhaps similar to Ptolemaic emblem, but silver instead of gold). That takes time, but I can make it that realistic. I was talking about colors. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted Saturday at 00:15 Share Posted Saturday at 00:15 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted 13 hours ago Share Posted 13 hours ago (edited) On 03/10/2026 at 12:15 AM, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: I made a more stylized version. Is the coin round or slightly misshapen? Edited 12 hours ago by Nicolaus_von_Kues Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted 1 hour ago Share Posted 1 hour ago 11 hours ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: I made a more stylized version. Is the coin round or slightly misshapen? I'm going to start structuring the coin, giving it volume and texture. Then I'll proceed with the symbols as well. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ultimate Aurelian Posted 56 minutes ago Share Posted 56 minutes ago 12 hours ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: Is the coin round or slightly misshapen? First one seems a bit deformed. Second one is rounder and might just be damaged by age. I suppose it's not too much artistic license to make it round (specially since it would be brand new at the time). Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted 21 minutes ago Share Posted 21 minutes ago 31 minutes ago, Ultimate Aurelian said: First one seems a bit deformed. Second one is rounder and might just be damaged by age. I suppose it's not too much artistic license to make it round (specially since it would be brand new at the time). It will be colored for the same reasons as the Athenian coin, which is what I regret about the Seleucid and Ptolemaic emblems. What was the new one supposed to look like? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now