wowgetoffyourcellphone Posted January 21, 2024 Share Posted January 21, 2024 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ultimate Aurelian Posted September 14 Share Posted September 14 (edited) Possible emblem https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/galatia/ Galatian bronze plate and H-Shaped horse bit – from Hidirsihlar tumulus, Bolu, Turkey (3rd c. BC) Galatian coins: https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/coins-of-the-galatian-kings/ Fig. 4-5 – Kings Of Galatia, Deiotaros. (Ca 62-40 BC) AE. Obverse: Laureate head of Zeus right. Reverse: Large monogram and Celtic oval shield. Edited September 14 by Ultimate Aurelian 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted 20 hours ago Share Posted 20 hours ago On 14/09/2026 at 8:46 AM, Ultimate Aurelian said: Possible emblem https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/galatia/ Galatian bronze plate and H-Shaped horse bit – from Hidirsihlar tumulus, Bolu, Turkey (3rd c. BC) Galatian coins: https://balkancelts.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/coins-of-the-galatian-kings/ Fig. 4-5 – Kings Of Galatia, Deiotaros. (Ca 62-40 BC) AE. Obverse: Laureate head of Zeus right. Reverse: Large monogram and Celtic oval shield. What style will you use? Coin/relief style emblem. Shield style emblem ( like painted shield) In both cases, at least the shape of the head must be drawn. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ultimate Aurelian Posted 20 hours ago Share Posted 20 hours ago (edited) 2 minutes ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: What style will you use? Coin/relief style emblem. Shield style emblem ( like painted shield) In both cases, at least the shape of the head must be drawn. I was think it could be the reverse of the coin (i like the combinaition of a celtic shield with greek writing) Edited 20 hours ago by Ultimate Aurelian Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted 18 hours ago Share Posted 18 hours ago (edited) 2 hours ago, Ultimate Aurelian said: I was think it could be the reverse of the coin (i like the combinaition of a celtic shield with greek writing) What color do you imagine it to be? I can imagine the Celtic's color, I don't know why, apart from the obvious. The Greek letter in one color(yellow or Orange) and the rest in other colors including green. Edited 18 hours ago by Nicolaus_von_Kues Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ultimate Aurelian Posted 15 hours ago Share Posted 15 hours ago 2 hours ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said: What color do you imagine it to be? I can imagine the Celtic's color, I don't know why, apart from the obvious. The Greek letter in one color(yellow or Orange) and the rest in other colors including green. I was thinking of a somewhat realistic silver coin (perhaps similar to Ptolemaic emblem, but silver instead of gold). Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nicolaus_von_Kues Posted 56 minutes ago Share Posted 56 minutes ago 14 hours ago, Ultimate Aurelian said: I was thinking of a somewhat realistic silver coin (perhaps similar to Ptolemaic emblem, but silver instead of gold). That takes time, but I can make it that realistic. I was talking about colors. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now