Expanding the functionality of allies.

Delfador

I noticed that AI players, when enemy attacking an allied AI, help each other fight back. But AI almost never helps a live player. Therefore, it would be nice if allied action commands were added for area actions. For example, one could ask an ally's AI to "clear" a certain area by marking it with a marker on the map.

Example:

Spoiler

Edited by Delfador

I think the AI reactions depend on their circumstances. They don't always help their AI allies, on the other hand my AI ally tries to help me quite frequently; but it could be that just one or two horsies and/or one or two skirmishers show up before the situation is resolved.

You can also ask your AI ally to attack a certain player. It then would take some time before they gather troops, then get moving. They might reconvene on the way, before they finally arrive at the enemy's territory. (I never do that.) Maybe you could influence their direction if you used the flare; I never tried that.