archer attack ground? (archer battalions)

sternstaub

Hello, i wanted to suggest something for ranged units.

The idea is simply to have an area attack for archers / ranged units. it would be interesting imo if this attack would have a bit higher range than regular attack, but would be affected by spread / less accuracy. Also, it would hit all units in the area, friend and foe. This would add a bit of dynamic to ranged gameplay and also be somewhat more realistic than hyper-sniping only enemy troops in the heat of battle.

This probably only makes sense if the units are also handled as battallions, so that they attack in sync. Extra checks for each unit might be costly. There is a topic about battalions

Let's just see what your thoughts on this are :)

Edited by sternstaub
  • Like 1

My thoughts on that old discussion are that the meat shield phenomena is mainly because of the high armor, low damage disposition of melee units. It is better to fix it outright than try and introduce a mechanic to work around it.

I think it can still be done and could be a nice mechanic, but it wouldn't help with the above.

• Like 1

• sternstaub changed the title to archer attack ground? (archer battalions)