Game displayed in a lower resolution in fullscreen

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

It's 1080p (The game uses your desktop resolution) Unfortunately, the game uses pre-rendered fonts so you won't get very sharp letters.

but the geforce experiece text goes lowres too and that's a thing out of the game that fits the game's resolution, also i've already played at 1080p before on an older pc and it doesnt went that blurry

1 hour ago, Adrvm said:

but the geforce experiece text goes lowres too and that's a thing out of the game that fits the game's resolution, also i've already played at 1080p before on an older pc and it doesnt went that blurry

Can you try to add highdpi=true in the user.cfg file?

Or  borderless.fullscreen = false

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stan` said:

Can you try to add highdpi=true in the user.cfg file?

Or  borderless.fullscreen = false

hi, highdpi=true does apparently nothing neither turning borderless.fullscreen to false, but now with the last one my display shows me that it's at 720p. (really appreciate the help, i've been playing since alpha 22 and i love the project)

IMG_20230104_013635.jpg

Edited by Adrvm

On 04/01/2023 at 6:29 PM, Stan` said:

That's really weird, what does windows say that screen resolution is?

ok i find the problem! it was the scale and layout option of windows, the 100% scale works fine at 1080p but in a bigger scale the game shows in a lower resolution. i had it at 150%, so probably the game translate that scale as a half of the actual res, in my case 720p. thank you so much for helping me anyway! hope this case may help some people in the future hahahaha

Edited by Adrvm
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry for digging up this post, this is the first one that shows up on google.

I had this exact same issue but I didn't want to change my screen's scaling, so I found out how to disable it for a specific app.

If you right click on the shortcut for 0 A.D. and click go to Proprieties > Compatibility. There at the bottom you will have something like "Change high DPI settings" you should have an option at the bottom of the screen that shows up after to override the windows settings click on the checkbox and then select "application" on the drop down menu. Click OK > Apply > OK and restart the game, should have proper text now :)
(not sure if the names of the settings are these exact ones, my windows is not in English).

Edited by Waker