I can't make LAN multiplayer

Alfa_Three

I was trying to play this game with my brother by using my phone as a mobile hotspot. I simply started as a host, it's done. My brother joining in, put the IP's adress which i found in my pc via command prompt (i'm not really sure if this is right step or not). But then he failed to connect as the error messages pop up says "Failed to connect to the server. This is often caused by UDP port 20595 not being forwarded on the host side, by a firewall, or anti-virus software." So, did i do something wrong in here ?1853919083_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.8d99b039f964a4720fbd76812788e103.png

5 hours ago, Alfa_Three said:

I was trying to play this game with my brother by using my phone as a mobile hotspot.

@Alfa_Three Is your brother located in the same structure as you while you're doing this? And, is he connected to the mobile hotspot wifi network? If so, then both Windows computers need to be configured to have a "Private" network instead of a "Public" network. This automatically reduces the firewall restrictions for LAN communications. And, a prompt should have appeared asking to allow 0 A.D. by the firewall when you start hosting the game. This assumes that your mobile hotspot is not blocking communications among computers within the LAN. You can test it by pinging your brother's LAN IP address.

If your brother is instead connecting to your hosted game via the Internet then this will not work without asking your mobile carrier to give you a "public IP address" or "static IP address", probably for an additional monthly fee. To find out why, read about carrier grade NAT.

What type of Internet connection does your brother have? Maybe he could successfully host instead, provided that he forwards the necessary port (scroll down to "How to do port forwarding?" in the FAQ) at his router.

Also, you can join IRC (click IRC Channel at the top of https://www.play0ad.com) and ping me (mention my name in the #0ad channel) to get more detailed troubleshooting assistance.

Edit: Removed the mention of port forwarding at the mobile hotspot because it is only relevant if you have a public IP address. Also, explained how you can get more detailed troubleshooting assistance on IRC.

Edited by Norse_Harold