Visibility in observer mode in a single player game

Akira Kurosawa

I noticed that in a single player game, you can put AI to play instead of yourself and the game starts in observer mode. However, when I choose to view as other players, the map is not covered by the fog of war, according to the area explored by the other player. I don’t know if this is a bug or not, but it seems to me that when changing the observation side, the areas explored and unexplored by this side should be displayed correctly.

Edited by MSXML4.0parser

2 hours ago, MSXML4.0parser said:

I noticed that in a single player game, you can put AI to play instead of yourself and the game starts in observer mode. However, when I choose to view as other players, the map is not covered by the fog of war, according to the area explored by the other player. I don’t know if this is a bug or not, but it seems to me that when changing the observation side, the areas explored and unexplored by this side should be displayed correctly.

It's not a bug, the AI does see everything you do. It does not know how to scout.  If you replay a game between actual players you will see only what they have explored.

By the way, nice username, brings back memories!

• Thanks 1