Atlas Editor does not start

QuarionKiirnodel

Hello!

I downloaded new version of 0AD today and have problem with Atlas. In 0AD Alpha XVII editor work perfectly, but in Alpha XVIII program does not work, only this message pops up on start:

"The Atlas UI was not successfully loaded and therefore cannot be started as requested.

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 2 (Nie można odnaleźć określonego pliku.)" <== last line is in polish language "OS error = 2 (Unable to find the file specified).

Anyone have any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards

Quarion

Edited by QuarionKiirnodel

Compiling it yourself should give us a hint of the issues, or could fix it right away.

Currently, historic_bruno is the only dev still around with a Windows XP computer. And he's also one of the few devs with an Apple computer, so that also involves solving a lot of platform-specific issues. So don't get your hopes up high for getting this solved soon.

Since the game still seems to run on Windows XP, I think our system requirements are correct in that respect (there have been many releases with broken Apple support for Atlas too). If it appears that the game stops working on Windows XP, the most likely thing we'll do is just changing the system requirements.

Note however that you don't have to buy a new computer to keep running 0 A.D. You can also install a lightweight Linux distribution on your computer

Thanks for answer. I don't want to use Linux but it's some kind workaround, so thanks Sanderd. Leper, i don't have any idea what SVN is, can you explain this newbie what is it? :)

It's basically the development version, see http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TortoiseSVN_Guide for more information (only the top 4 items are really relevant for most people, so need to read more than that unless you're curious). It can seem a bit much at first, but once you get used to it there's really not much to it. Especially since we do provide a pre-built .exe file for Windows users, so there's no need to do anything manually apart from getting the game onto your computer and update it every once in a while.

It can be a bit less stable than the release versions, but most of the time it works just as well (and sometimes better of course as things are fixed/improved). The only big issue to keep in mind is that if you want to play against another person you both have to have the exact same version or things will most likely break. It's probably best to let you know that in the SVN version textures are generated by the engine on the fly the first time they're displayed, in other words: the first time things are displayed in the game they will be grey for a second or a couple until the game has worked its magic on the files so that everything looks as it should (in the release versions this is done before-hand).

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I've been quite short on time lately and didn't have a chance to follow up on this. I'm attaching a fixed version of AtlasUI.dll, which you can copy to the install binaries/system folder. I have tested and it fixes Alpha 18's Atlas editor on XP SP3 for me.

AtasUI.dll.zip

If you still need it, that should do the trick for you :)

• Like 2