Server Logs

Hermepok

Are there server logs that can be obtained if you host a game? I tried looking through many of the files and couldn't find one relating to it. The reason I want it is because I want to make a simple program that will parse through my server logs to keep track of my 2v2 and 3v3 win rates and statistics in each game. Could this also be achieved through the Replays? 

I think metadata.json contains that info, not sure though. But I’m sure replays can be used to obtain that as the replays do have a spoiler button.

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed. My second question, is it possible to run a server 24/7 where users can enter commands to switch the settings around without me actually being there to change them? Would I have to create a bot or is it something else? My connection is amazing and If I can accomplish this, then it would let users play on a great host without me being there and I would love to try and make a ladder server that is 24/7 that will keep track of player stats and win rates of all users that would play on it.

How would there be a security threat in any type of way? I would just have a client/bot that would host a game 24/7 and would have several commands that could alter the teams/map/map size/playercount...etc. And every hour or so, a program would parse the data from replayCache to figure out how many games were played that hour and would add the users in the game(to the database). Then I would parse through the metadata for each game i got from the replayCache and would get every users statistic and win loss ratio like that. The hardest part is going to be figuring out how this metadata.json works because there is so much information in it and I am not too familiar with JSON objects. But itll be fun to research it!

The hardest part is to rewrite a substantial amount of the codebase to make dedicated hosting work that way, parsing JSON isn't.

Copy the content of that file over to https://jsonlint.com/ and you get the contents a bit more readable.

Then with any programming language of your choice that can be parsed using JSON.parse(contents).property1.property2 or similar.

Perhaps it were nice to have JS code resulting in a way to display the metadata file in the browser. But that still doesn't give one statistics linked throughout multiple matches.

There was also some imagination about an online replay space, few screenshots of the replay would be taken automatically and at the end of the match, players could type their experience so that they and other possible viewers of the replay in the future had a way to separate the interesting from the boring replays.