Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AimlessWanderer

Compilation error

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm using Arch Linux and when compiling 0ad using the source code cloned from GitHub I get the following error:

Linking pyrogenesis
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetClientTurnManager::CNetClientTurnManager(CSimulation2&, CNetClient&, int, IReplayLogger&)':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x1e50): multiple definition of `CNetClientTurnManager::CNetClientTurnManager(CSimulation2&, CNetClient&, int, IReplayLogger&)'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetClientTurnManager.o):/home/markus/source/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc/../../../source/network/NetClientTurnManager.cpp:36: first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetClientTurnManager::CNetClientTurnManager(CSimulation2&, CNetClient&, int, IReplayLogger&)':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x1e50): multiple definition of `CNetClientTurnManager::CNetClientTurnManager(CSimulation2&, CNetClient&, int, IReplayLogger&)'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetClientTurnManager.o):/home/markus/source/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc/../../../source/network/NetClientTurnManager.cpp:36: first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetClientTurnManager::PostCommand(JS::Handle<JS::Value>)':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x1eaa): multiple definition of `CNetClientTurnManager::PostCommand(JS::Handle<JS::Value>)'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetClientTurnManager.o):/home/markus/source/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc/../../../source/network/NetClientTurnManager.cpp:42: first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetClientTurnManager::NotifyFinishedOwnCommands(unsigned int)':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x1f54): multiple definition of `CNetClientTurnManager::NotifyFinishedOwnCommands(unsigned int)'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetClientTurnManager.o):/home/markus/source/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc/../../../source/network/NetClientTurnManager.cpp:55: first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetClientTurnManager::NotifyFinishedUpdate(unsigned int)':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x1fc6): multiple definition of `CNetClientTurnManager::NotifyFinishedUpdate(unsigned int)'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetClientTurnManager.o):/home/markus/source/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc/../../../source/network/NetClientTurnManager.cpp:71: first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetClientTurnManager::OnDestroyConnection()':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x21e6): multiple definition of `CNetClientTurnManager::OnDestroyConnection()'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetClientTurnManager.o):/home/markus/source/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc/../../../source/network/NetClientTurnManager.cpp:95: first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetClientTurnManager::OnSimulationMessage(CSimulationMessage*)':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x2218): multiple definition of `CNetClientTurnManager::OnSimulationMessage(CSimulationMessage*)'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetClientTurnManager.o):/home/markus/source/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc/../../../source/network/NetClientTurnManager.cpp:100: first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libsimulation2.a(TurnManager.o):(.rodata+0x4c): multiple definition of `DEFAULT_TURN_LENGTH_SP'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o):(.rodata+0x670): first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libsimulation2.a(TurnManager.o): In function `CTurnManager::WillUpdate(float) const':
/home/markus/source/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc/../../../source/simulation2/system/TurnManager.cpp:74: multiple definition of `DEFAULT_TURN_LENGTH_MP'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o):(.rodata+0x66c): first defined here
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetServerTurnManager::CheckClientsReady()':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x2e88): undefined reference to `CNetServerWorker::Broadcast(CNetMessage const*)'
../../../binaries/system/libnetwork.a(NetTurnManager.o): In function `CNetServerTurnManager::NotifyFinishedClientUpdate(int, CStrW const&, unsigned int, CStr8 const&)':
NetTurnManager.cpp:(.text+0x347d): undefined reference to `CNetServerWorker::Broadcast(CNetMessage const*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [pyrogenesis.make:130: ../../../binaries/system/pyrogenesis] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:17: pyrogenesis] Error 2

I understand that the latest code has bugs and sometimes won't compile but this has been happening for ~2 weeks so I'm starting to think that the end is on my side. To compile 0ad I run the following commands:

./clean-workspaces.sh
./update-workspaces.sh --platform=x64 --without-audio --without-lobby --without-miniupnpc --without-atlas --without-tests --minimal-flags
make

@elexis

Hello and welcome to the forums 

I guess you could try --with-system-nvtt too, but I don't think that's the issue. Why did you add so many params ?