Sign in to follow this  
erik_hobag

Walls and Units

Will wall construction be more like AOE2 or AOM? and Will units be able to get on the walls? I always wished that you could in AOE2 and AOM but alas they didn't do it.

In AOE2 wall construction is a click and drag process but it is very .. "square" or .. stuck on a grid like.. In AOM you can more freely place where you want the walls and they aren't necessarily on right angles to each other.

Right, I understand what you're asking about now. Ours will be freely placed, like AOM or AOE3, because we have a 3D game like those two games. AOK was a 2D game, which required such rigidness in its art assets.

Also, Towers, Walls, and Ships will allow players to garrison/prop infantry (melee and ranged) units onto them. Hope that's satisfactory. :)

But will units be able to man the walls, like in the Stronghold series?

Ahh Stronghold, Rarely has a series been so stuffed by a sequel, a unfinished, poor sequel at that too. Not that S: legends is all that much better, Firefly and 2K really sold themselves short heaps.

No Stronghold Legends turned out to be a great game

not to mention units that are mounted on a wall get knocked off when hit my a catapault rock.