Unable to Connect to Multiplayer Lobby Game while Other Players Can Join

Lysias

I am unable to connect to about 80% of multiplayer games available from the Lobby.

820794254_Screenshotfrom2022-07-0720-38-19.png.7ccfc2eac93a18264aba643731019623.png

Usually, as this error message and the FAQ say, this is caused by a problem of the host's side, such as an incorrect network configuration.

However,

Other people are able to join the same game which I am not able to join.

For example, today I attempted to join a game which had 3/4 players joined (which means other players had joined successfully), but for me 0ad gave me the error in the screenshot above.

I would assume that this is an issue on my side, not the host's side, as other people can join the game just fine.

I am still able to join some games normally, but for most games it gives this error.

I don't think I am the only one experianceing this bug, as I saw someone chatting the the lobby about the same issue, in which they couldn't join a public lobby game, while other people could join.

Any thoughts?

Build: Alpha 25: Jun 13, 2022 (25860-release)

PS: (I have been editing some .js files in public to implement a chat filter, but I hope that wouldn't be affecting this problem)

• Like 1

I tried playing on a wifi hotspot, but it had the same problem.

I also tried connecting on a different computer (also arch linux, but with out the chat filter modification I made). That didn't work either.

I finally tried to connect on a Windows computer, but it also didn't connect.

Any other ideas?

Thanks