Awesome mod - Any possibility of castles-like structures being added to the mod?

LordStark

This is my favourite mod and to be honest it is basically the only way I played the game.

I was wondering if there were any plans to have something that looks like a castle for the anglo-saxons ingame.

While castles did not appear until after the timeframe in this mod, it seems that there were buildings that were built of stone that looked like castles - no idea why they are not considered castles.

For example: Ribat of Monastir - Wikipedia

I would love to see a semi customizable castle/fort where you build the base castle/fort and can then upgrade it with a stable/barracks/tower etc etc.

Even if castle-like structures are not implemented, it would be a cool feature if the fortresses were more customisable with different upgrades.

It also looks like some burhs were made of stone so that could be a cool upgrade.

Edited by LordStark
Clarify - Anglo Saxon side castles

34 minutes ago, LordStark said:

This is my favourite mod and to be honest it is basically the only way I played the game.

I was wondering if there were any plans to have something that looks like a castle ingame.

While castles did not appear until after the timeframe in this mod, it seems that there were buildings that were built of stone that looked like castles - no idea why they are not considered castles.

For example: Ribat of Monastir - Wikipedia

I would love to see a semi customizable castle/fort where you build the base castle/fort and can then upgrade it with a stable/barracks/tower etc etc.

Even if castle-like structures are not implemented, it would be a cool feature if the fortresses were more customisable with different upgrades.

It also looks like some burhs were made of stone so that could be a cool upgrade.

We have Fortresses.

Sorry, I edited my post. I have been playing the anglo saxon side so much that I forget there are other sides and those fortresses do look somewhat castle like.

However, I meant for the anglo saxons - it seems that while William the Conquer built lots of castles after his invasion, my reading on the subject suggests that there were castles before the invasion but that they were not too common.

Although there were a few castles built before the invasion by William I in 1066 - probably by Normans wishing to settle in England - it is generally acknowledged that nearly all were erected after the conquest and based on castles built in Normandy. Even though some were little more than lookout posts, and others privately owned by nobles, they were all originally built as military strongholds, with most coming under the direct and strict control of the royal administration. Nearly all Anglo-Saxon nobles were ousted and Norman ones put in their place, as a further reinforcement of Williams rule over England.

A Comparison of Burhs and Castles | PeakD