With the inclusion of weather...

Will wind in 0 A. D. blow in certain directions? If it will, will this affect sail hips?

I'd like to see wind direction and strenght increasing or decreasing the speed of ships so that you have to take it into consideration when moving your fleets.

And I'd like it if it was dangerous to move boats and ships too far from shore if the wind was too strong, as ships could be more or less randomly damaged or sunk by high waves, etc.

I think it'd be nice, too, if ships moving against the wind automatically zig-zagged to not be "taken aback" and rendered immobile.

I'd like to see wind direction and strenght increasing or decreasing the speed of ships so that you have to take it into consideration when moving your fleets.

And I'd like it if it was dangerous to move boats and ships too far from shore if the wind was too strong, as ships could be more or less randomly damaged or sunk by high waves, etc.

Think about that - would you really like it if you're in a heated battle and you're trying to get your navy to the location of the battle in time to save your butt - but instead they get blown off the map, or randomly sunk due to high waves or they go the complete wrong direction because you fail to calculate the proper mast position. Would that make you squeel with joy when you loose your entire navy randomly and a ton of resources just for the sake of a realistic wind model?

You can look at it this way: The captains and crewmen in the ship woud have been well educated in mastering the sea and how to make use of the wind to go to where you tell them, so decisions like that you won't have to make.

However you can setup scenarios for yourself in the editor and use triggers to make such events possible to your own liking.

The most "wind" you'll see in 0AD is possibly wind blowing through trees or grass etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Cheezy that it isn't a very good idea considering the gameplay. But I think a nice graphical feature would be that the waves really are higher further of the coast, it's similar to waves rolling on the beach really, only now it's further of the coast.

• 4 weeks later...