I Need Help with Defining a Civilization

Dream Wanderer

So question for anyone with modding experience. I've been trying to make some new factions as part of my latest project and while I've got the structures functioning without providing any immediate errors, none of them have any units listed.

Note that I copied the files for them from a pre-existing faction, one of Neph's from the Hyrule Conquest mod.

When I check the civ tab it gives me the following error: "The structures/units have a defined civ of "insert civ name here". This does not match the currently selected civ "insert civ name here". I've already changed the civ name to the new ones in their faction .json as well as for each of the structures and units template XML docs. I've also changed all references as far as build plot links, unit production, and art assets. What else am I missing?

I've attached a list of all modified files as well as those of the faction I modified them from for comparison.

Thanks a bunch for anyone with the knowledge to help me!

Original Faction Materials (For Comparison).7z 908705666_NewFactionMaterials.7z

What version of the game do you use?

This is the condition that fires:

if (data.Identity.Civ != this.DefaultCiv && civCode != this.DefaultCiv && data.Identity.Civ != civCode)

What I see in your civ.json is that you use spaces in your codes, while in the templates you use underscores for the civ codes. That may be the problem?

• Like 1