[LIVESTREAM] Alpha 25 Discovery and Q&A

Stan`

Make sure you don't miss Tom0ad's next livestream about 0 A.D. Like the previous one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NjTHd26l40), you'll be able to discover the new Alpha 25 release, and hear from Stan about how the process of creating the new Alpha went.

r/0ad - [LIVESTREAM] Alpha 25 Discovery and Q&A
Hope to see you all there!
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Will not be able to watch it live but here are my questions (not sure if their interesting for everyone/ answerable at the moment tho :D )

@Stan`:

It's hard to stay informed about the development without hanging out in IRC/ reading trac and following the latest diffs all the time, so do you have an overview about what the team members want to work on for a26? Or ist it too early in the dev cycle for that?

I know the roadmap and the tickets on there, but only because there is a ticket doesn't mean it will be done. Also some things have no tickets and get implemented either way (terrain update iirc). Not that I want a definite "that will get implemented", more a "these are the things we would like to work on".

To clarify what features I mean: a25 got unit pushing, pathfinder multithreading, terrain update, turrets..

So what could be big things for a26:  han? Further lag improvements, building hotkeys, campaigns ect?

_________

Also how did you/ the team experience the development of a25 in terms of including more people into balancing and community interaction overall? 

Was it all positive/ helpful or is there room for improvement how the interested individuals/ the community can help?

_________

Looking forward to watch it later :)

Edited by maroder
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2