"TLS Handshake" problem - Disabling TLS does not work

ConcretePlibt

Hey everyone.

My friend cannot connect to the lobby, receiving the familiar "The server's certificate could not be verified or the TLS handshake did not complete successfully" error. 

We have tried disabling TLS in the in-game options, and this doesn't work (same error). We have turned off all his firewalls. We have downloaded and installed the Alpha 25 (we tried on the previous version first). We have tried on two different internet connections (to check if it was some error from the router or internet provider). We have made sure that there aren't any internet-controlling softwares running in the background (like VPNs). 

He is on Windows 10. He can easily connect to Steam to play Age of Empires and other games - it's only 0AD that we experience any problems.

We don't know what else to do to resolve this problem. May we have missed some weird internet-controlling program? Does anyone have any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated. 

Will update this thread if we work out a resolution. Looking forward to hearing any suggestions. Thanks  :---)

• Sad 1

This is incredibly embarrassing. After weeks of trying to resolve the issue, I posted this topic, and we one more time went through all of our possible solutions. 

We started with disabling the TLS option. 

Him: "I've disabled it, but it's not an in-game option."

Me: "... What? No. It is an in-game option. Go to Settings --> Options --> Lobby, and disable TLS encryption" 

Him: "... Oh... I haven't tried that yet. I only disabled it in Windows' options."

Me: ":jawdrop: :fyou:"

Apologies everyone. He can now connect. All is well. We've been trying to play this game together for 4 weeks. Finally, it's fixed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1