English Or English?

The various English accents of English always requires a little extra effort to understand on my behalf, especially when spoken quickly. With the right upper-class accent, it can also come off very stuck-up and snotty. (Scottish accents are much less prone to this, in my mind.)

By comparison, American English (save the Southern accent) has always sounded much more natural to my ears.

Apart from words, there are also huge differences in pronounciation.

R's: In English (and Australian) they are usually silenced after a vowel so 'car' will be pronounced 'cah.' In American (and also Irish) the 'R' is vividly pronounced. In Scottish it is the hard trilled R that almost every other language uses.

I's: In certain word there is a difference in the pronouncation. For example 'Semi' and 'Anti' would be 'Semee' and 'Antee' in English and 'Sem-eye' and 'At-eye' in American.

Some vowels are pronounced with a considerable difference. For example "can't" will be pronounced 'cahnt' in English but in American the A will sound like the A in fan.

All I can think of for now.