Error Assertion failed: nvtt::version() >= NVTT_VERSION

Oak

Hello community!

I've installed 0.24b on my OpenSUSE Leap 15.2 (after failing to compile it, but in the meanwhile compiled packages emerged) and now I'm getting a strange error at start up:

UserReport written to /home/libor/.config/0ad/logs/userreport_hwdetect.txt
TIMER| RunHardwareDetection: 18.4307 ms
TIMER| write_sys_info: 16.2172 ms
TextureConverter.cpp(299): Assertion failed: "nvtt::version() >= NVTT_VERSION"
/usr/bin/0ad: line 9: 18373 Unauthorized access to the memmory (SIGSEGV)                     (core dumped [memmory image saved]) "$pyrogenesis" "$@"

There's not much information about this problem, apparently it's related to Nvidia Texture Tools. Anyone has any ideas how to resolve this with 0AD, please?

I'm sorry if I'm not getting something obvious... Do you mean to use "--with-system-nvtt" during building? As stated, those are pre-compiled packages for the OpenSUSE version I have.

By the way I do have the NVTT installed, it's nvidia-texture-tools 2.0.8-lp152.3.9. I see I can opt for 2.1.2-lp152.3.9. Would you think that might help?

Considering my system old - I guess it depends on a point of view :-). It's the latest stable Leap, which has annual generation (kernel) updates and daily software and security updates in between. True, the Leap 15.3 is in RC state and nearing the release date.

Edited by Oak