Packaging broken in openSUSE Tumbleweed Games repository

MirceaKitsune

Hello there! I'm not sure if this forum is the best place for an OS related issue, but I'm presuming the group that handles the openSUSE build may be here to read this and perhaps take a look. 0ad is presently broken on openSUSE Tumbleweed: I have 0ad installed from the official openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Games repository. As of recent, it seems to have been broken by two package related issues.

The first is a bad libicu version: The game is packaged for libicu67 which no longer exists, now having been replaced with libicu68. Trying to run the engine without the deprecated lib installed will crash with the error:

/usr/bin/pyrogenesis: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.67: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The second issue is that although the engine remains at version 0.0.23b, the data was just updated to version 0.0.24b. The two are incompatible; I had to downgrade the data package from another repository to fix. Can both be bumped to 0.0.24b please?

Looking at the build page I'm noticing some compilation failures for Tumbleweed. Maybe that explains the inconsistencies? If the openSUSE maintainers are available, please let me know if and when a fix may be possible. Thank you.

9 hours ago, MirceaKitsune said:

Hello there! I'm not sure if this forum is the best place for an OS related issue, but I'm presuming the group that handles the openSUSE build may be here to read this and perhaps take a look. 0ad is presently broken on openSUSE Tumbleweed: I have 0ad installed from the official openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Games repository. As of recent, it seems to have been broken by two package related issues.

The first is a bad libicu version: The game is packaged for libicu67 which no longer exists, now having been replaced with libicu68. Trying to run the engine without the deprecated lib installed will crash with the error:

/usr/bin/pyrogenesis: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.67: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The second issue is that although the engine remains at version 0.0.23b, the data was just updated to version 0.0.24b. The two are incompatible; I had to downgrade the data package from another repository to fix. Can both be bumped to 0.0.24b please?

Looking at the build page I'm noticing some compilation failures for Tumbleweed. Maybe that explains the inconsistencies? If the openSUSE maintainers are available, please let me know if and when a fix may be possible. Thank you.

This should go straight to whoever packages 0ad on opensuse in their bugtracker since we do not package it there.