Gameplay Programmer/Polyvalent Programmer - Jason R./DarknessWrath

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free? Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license? Yes

Are you sure you are not wanting to work on something programming related? (Then you don't need to send in an application form.) Yes/No

Name: Jason R, DarknessWrath

Email: jasdark76@gmail.com

Availability: As i'm searching for work (for my school in internship) i'm available all day, if i got a job, really depends, between 4-12 or maybe more or less per week, if i don't find the internship, well i'll need a little job besides anyway

Occupation: Working search, video games (rather playing than programming), projects (music making, storymaking, game designing, etc)

Skills and Experience:Sadly i don't have that much experience except personal projects, not game related, some data mining for a very few moment

Motivation: I've always wanted to help people to do a video game, by my side i got 2 projects that are in suspension, but also because its where i want to be, with some friends we already done many game projects, with 2-3 "easily" makeable, where i do programming, some game designing and music,

Personality: I'm like a Zerg (Starcraft 2), with a huge capacity of adapting and evolving, despite being a little larva compare to most of your team or in general, i hate being late or give late things, i just love what i do, i'm a easy learner but i sometimes hesitate to take initiative, i'm sometimes considered too positive by people and i love bringing a kind of "childish" atmosphere, not in the bad way, like being too serious all the time just make people, well not that good, and i've always been the guy who makes people smile strangely.

Short Essay: I find about WildFire Games (so the game) a bit more than 2 years ago, when it was one of the first alpha released of the game, the game makes me remember Age Of Empire serie and i liked it, despite having a pc that still struggle a bit (well its still in progress so well, i don't mind), i want to be part of the project because i know it could help me to reach my dream, and also i want to try despite my lack of experience in the video game industry, i want to learn and evolve and maybe a day really doing what i want, and with music making, i can mix them both and maybe a day do "legendary" osts, so being part of the project is just to help me climb realize my dream but also see a old project live, one which makes remember the Age Of serie or old strategy games at this period, i kind of miss them, and sometimes nostalgy is not that bad.

Interests and Hobbies: Tell us briefly about some of the other things you enjoy doing your free time. We ask this to get to know your background a bit better.
As i said, i love doing music even if i mainly do theorycrafting those times, i got music projects besides, with half for the future projects of videos games with friends, some are on my own, like this time i'm working on a song about a character from League Of Legends (I know you're laughing already), otherwise i'm just playing games, even if as i search work everyday its kind of repetitive and i don't have necessarily the good feeling when i play video games after a work day

Staff:Not as i know

Community:
Moddb, modding community, afjv (a french website for video games jobs), roleplay communities (mainly Starcraft 2),

Favorite Game:
Currently i'd say Warframe and Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (even if i didn't buy the game yet, oops i said 2), in general, harsh question

Work Examples: If applicable to the position you're applying to, please include a few examples of your experience.
As mentioned above i have no real experience in gaming world except the projects i need to work on, but as i'm alone working on it (for programming side etc), its hard to motivate myself, but otherwise its variated, from a car rolling on the console, to a calculing machine, to a database for characters in project.

Edited by DarknessWrath
  • Like 1

Hello @DarknessWrath,

Nice to see another french contributor ! Programmers need not make an application. You can start contributing directly on https://code.wildfiregames.com join us on IRC. If you haven't already I'd recommend you to read the wiki on https://trac.wildfiregames.com

Once you make a reasonable amount of contributions on Phabricator you'll be considered to be granted commit access. That might take a while depending on your skills and motivation so patience is important. 

Patches you submit in the mean time will be reviewed by team members and changes will be requested until the code becomes worthy to be committed. 

You haven't specified the programming languages you know nor the topics that interests you so I can not orient you toward something. Let me know if you have any questions and do not hesitate to drop by IRC to ask questions on #0ad-dev

Hello,
Sorry i forgot to precise it, mainly C, C#, Lua, Java, web languages (html, css, php mostly), a bit of JS.
But before doing anything i need to retake how the game is, last time i saw the source code was 2 years ago so i'll need a bit to help and apparently they're more steps than before for such, so i'll need a bit of time.

1 minute ago, DarknessWrath said:

Hello,
Sorry i forgot to precise it, mainly C, C#, Lua, Java, web languages (html, css, php mostly), a bit of JS.
But before doing anything i need to retake how the game is, last time i saw the source code was 2 years ago so i'll need a bit to help and apparently they're more steps than before for such, so i'll need a bit of time.

Sure take your time :)

PS:If you'd like to meet us AFK we'll likely be at the Capitole du Libre in November :)