Please allow disable of computer fortress

charles

OK. I did contribute $20. I know that is not a lot. I like to come in as maurian. It is (now) almost impossible to beat at anything above "very easy". Honestly, I like to win. I was beating everything at "very hard" until 2.X came in. Now its not even fun at anything above very easy because of the computer fortress. Please allow a disable. This is a game. If you know it fairly well you should be able to beat it.

Might want to download some of the multiplayer replays shared to see how dedicated players build their base and grow a big population quickly. It is important to find the right counters to enemy units and become familiar with the mechanics and little tricks.

Might not be the current alpha, but the build order is still valid:

• Like 3

Siege units work quite well against fortresses. Rams are probably the easiest to use. Make sure to fully upgrade them for the best effect. If you are using regular units to take a fortress, you might want to hold the CTRL key down when you right-click to attack a fortress. This will change the mouse cursor to a sword instead of the two crossed flags and allow you to attack the fortress instead of trying to capture it. Because of the difficulty of capturing a fortress full of units, destroying it is often a good option. There are some special units that have a higher then normal crush damage and are particularly effect when used against structures. Here are a few: melee war elephants, stone slingers, and the Mauryan club champion.

However, there are some tricks to make capturing buildings much easier. First, capture attack is not the same as regular attack. Champion units usual have around 5 capture attack regardless of type class (archer, cavalry, etc.) while the regular soldiers usually only have a capture attack of 2. Many heroes add 2 extra capture attack for nearby units (noted in the tooltip when you first train them), so choose a hero that offers this and keep the hero nearby the soldiers trying to capture the building. Buildings are a lot easier to capture when they have been damaged, so you can weaken the structure first, and then try to capture it. If that is taking too long, then further weaken it and try to capture it again.

• Like 3