[Task] Assyrian Statues

Lion.Kanzen

Im open this topic to show some references

These statues are very important to development of Assyrian Culture

BgCNd4T.png

DYmIx8z.jpg

JH4Viga.jpg

Info:

In art, lamassu were depicted as hybrids, either winged bulls or lions with the head of a human male. The motif of a winged animal with a human head is common to the Near East, first recorded in Ebla around 3000 BCE. The first distinct lamassu motif appeared in Assyria during the reign of Tiglath-Pileser[disambiguation needed]as a symbol of power.[5][6] The Assyrians typically prominently placed lamassu at the entrances of cities and palaces. From the front they appear to stand, and from the side, walk. Notable representations include those at the British Museum in London, the Musée du Louvre in Paris, the National Museum of Iraq in Baghdad, the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, the Pergamon Museum in Berlin and the Oriental Institute, Chicago. A winged bull with the head of a bearded man appears on the logo of the United States Forces - Iraq.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I made them for the Gate of all Nations... They're just waiting for me or someone to be finished (I was playing around with the colors until I stopped working on them)

Which, by the way if you have some references or articles/suggestions as how they were painted, that would be useful.

post-13528-0-65774400-1427161933_thumb.j

• Like 2