Anyone know how to hold against a carthage elephant storm?

TriplicariusDEN

Spearmen do have a bonus against elephants so they should be deployed at the front. The skirmishers should be positioned behind them. Cavalry are not effective in elephant warfare, yet swordsmen could be useful as reserves if the spearman line breaks.

Hoplites are cheaper than swordsmen and would probably do better against elephants, provided they are all at elite rank. Nevertheless, a good group of spartan champions, blocking a narrow entrance, eventually assisted by Leonidas' aura, should hold very long against an all-elephant rush.

Hoplites are cheaper than swordsmen and would probably do better against elephants, provided they are all at elite rank. Nevertheless, a good group of spartan champions, blocking a narrow entrance, eventually assisted by Leonidas' aura, should hold very long against an all-elephant rush.

Especially, if about 15 women are getting resources from another ally territory to fuel the war machine. And that could eventually evolve into the making of siege engines. Which means dead elephants. Of course, I could also add my ally to flank the elephants. And of course, realistically, the elephant thing would have spearmen or swordsmen backing em up. Thats when my cav/swords surge. And so, if my ally was macedon, they could lend me a line of foot companions.