Suggestion: Computer Taunting.

Prodigal Son

Do you remember the funny messages the AI sent on various occasions in Age Of Mythology. I'm starting to implement some similar to them in my wc3 mod and thought they might be an interesting and easy to add feature for 0 AD as well. Sorry if it is already be planned, but it hasn't come to my attention.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it was messages like "May I offer my surrender?", "I will crush your little city blah blah blah" accordingly on events like game start, heavy loses on either side, when close to defeat etc. It made the AI feel much more alive.

I've found a lists of AOM and AOK taunts, but can't seem to find the ones I was looking for, and I don't have AOM installed. Does anybody know where to spot them?

Edited by Prodigal Son

Well i've been thinking about this, and i think there should be some funny tie-ins to actual defeats in history.

EG: When gauls defeat romans, the romans should be Offering to give them a huge bribe-off to leave them alone (like, how they survived brenus, tons of gold.)

Or when Roman beats roman, Maybe something like.. Et tu brute`? (I know that's Shakespeare, but still)

Edited by auron2401

In the first place I'd consider taunting bad manner.

But if you really have to do this, plz also add an squelch/silence/ignore command that suppresses any massage from a given player...

(IMO this is a game and not a "troll chat"...)

Edited by FeXoR

It's from Computer players FeXoR. Whenever they perform a certain task (I.E Dying Splendidly) They send out flavour Text. To make them seem more alive than they really are.

Yes, and while some PPL may like this (and thus it may be added) I don't (for me it's only distraction from the game) and want it silenced.

Best to have an option that turns it off in general for the AI but a squelch command would be good for non-AI players also.

(And I really hope that options will get stored in general so you don't have to reset them any time you start a new game)

For me the chat is for information between the players concerning the game ...not for the "imaginary" leaders of the playing fractions to make "distracting politics" (that's what the "diplomacy" widget is for IMO). So for me "taunting" is a misuse of the chat.

Edited by FeXoR

What, so you don't enjoy AI Players Squealing in pain when they resign? Blaming their loss on some totally insignificant part of how Things went down, like there wasn't enough trees nearby or their starting food was sub-par?
Well I guess I’ll just add you to the my of boring people then. I must admit it's getting quite long.

Edited by auron2401