I18n Questions

Why are the specific names (that's how they are called in XMLs, anyway) of buildings and units translatable? E.g. Ḥayyāl Raḫūv Masili. Also, while translating the scenario map Sahel, I've noticed that the name of the Persian king Artaxerxes II is transliterated from Old Persian as "Artaxshacha II", which is confusing, to say the least (took me a while to figure out the origin of that), when there's an English equivalent. Sorry if this is in the wrong section btw.

Some specific names are a transliteration (and could be transliterated differently in different scripts), other specific names are plain English. Like "Philip of Macedon" or "Oak" (where the generic name is "Tree").

But as it's easy to just copy the originals in case it's the same for your language, it's not a big problem.

Well, my language (Slovak) uses Latin script, but we most likely have different standards for transliteration. Since I don't know much about that, I won't touch these strings then.

Edit: As for Artaxerxes II, I probably meant (forgive my ignorance) that Artaxschacha is some sort of a transcription, rather than transliteration, as the transliteration would be (according to wiktionary) Artaxšaçā.

Edited by MiroslavR