Two quick questions

iNcog

OK guys, I have two very quick questions. I'm looking to dabble into map making and I think if I could get these two things down I could get right to it. I think that my questions could probably be answered from a tutorial, however given the amount of resources one has access to on this site, it would take almost as long finding the tutorial needed as it would take to figure it out in the map editor. If my questions can be answered in a tutorial, please just link that tutorial. ^^

1. How do you make spawn points for CCs in a map?

2. Is there a symmetry function in the atlas map editor? e.g. I'd like to make half of the map, then do a symmetry thing that would make the other half of the map a copy of that first half.

I'm using the atlas editor that came with A16.

It could be coming in the near future. But I haven't heard anything from trompetin in those 3 weeks. I hope he picks up the work again.

There is a possibility to run a random script in Atlas though. Those normally create forests you can move. But of course, you need to start from one random map, as you can't move between different maps.

One other possibility is editing the XML file directly. Either changing the name of the entities in there (like replace a pine with an oak tree), or copy-paste parts of XML to other XML files. But know that you'll copy-paste the exact location too in that case.

I've found that a good forest can be made up of something like 50 trees, making a forest isn't that long in the end. It's like, oh idk, 1 minute? It's faster to create the forest manually through spam clicking and counting than it would be for me to go through xml files. ^^

Thank you very much for all the advice you've given to me up until now sanderd. I really appreciate it. :P