Animal (war units) new animation discuss

Lion.Kanzen

I open this treaty here because I want discuss as an idea than a Art task.

Now we have many 3D artist that perform bones skeletal animations.

In the past users suggest adding new animations to game.

Elephants should be nice.
Remember is idea one of I remember, I like taje advantage a of that fact. may be for animations many horse, bovine, camel and elephant units.

The elephants have good animations. But is possible give extra? Or need abilities for example to grab men and throwing in air?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6wAHnqPHmT0#t=64

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Did you have a look at the wolf's (attack) animation?

The trample effect (e.g. for the elephant's you mention, also for horses) is planned.

On a per visual base I would say for the beginning one attack animation is enough. Also because we don't have a reaction system, i.e. play defensive animation if you are attacked.

More animal animations is what Romulus surely also needs for the Colosseum.

Though me personally I would not tend so much towards war. Only the fact that the animals are around is already quite impressing. If they are put to piecemeal, then it's a loss for the visual richness of 0AD (as they currently can't reproduce).

I don't interest in fauna. Im talking war animals.

For trample attack or alternate animation attack, wonder or idle animation.

Now we have many animator in the forum, I have 2 years and some months in this forum, never I see to much animator in this project that why we need take that advantages. You and stand and other know how animate, I'm not talking about team members like Enrique or Pureon they can stay here lot time but the others. Wolf can be important but that are for occasionally contributors

For example I need war bulls for Aristeia the bulls were used to moved chariots, war chariots by sea people probably one most exotic units.

:)

Even nomadic tribes use them. In nomadic tribal system( a discussed gameplay) are essential.