A Multi Player Role Play Scenario

Romulus

This is just an idea I've had.

Basically each person in the RP is a king or queen of a given faction and everyone diplomatically and militarily strives to build it.

This sounds like an online methodology, but not quite as such. It's basically using a forum to engage politics rather than actually being an absolute enemy in game play. Think about it as an enrichment system of game play.

Another feature for this setup is the multi user capability. What this basically is, is the ability

for more than one player to control one faction.

So how this will work basically is, say I want Lion.Kanzen for example to be a general in my army, he can control a group of my soldiers and go on campaign against an enemy, or just expansion into neutral territory. I may decide to have another general or whatever.

There can even maybe be another feature where if I am king, I have some sort of system where I could potentially lose the peoples favour by a constant log on my actions by the AI, a script that measures my actions as good, bad, hmm, or totally woeful, then it triggers the citizens to then rebel against my army or whatever and initiates an outbreak of civil war. Causing all sorts of pandemonium and chaos within an empire, inviting either Lion.Kanzen to march his legion in and take over or another faction launching an assault. So in layman's terms and from a conceptual point of view... This is like controlling an AI being the the king, but the AI is a separate "thinking" entity and can to a measure based on the kings actions be loyal, or disobedient to whatever the cause and situation. Raising of taxes, coinage implemented in the game.

So each player has in actual fact a unit which is him in the game. He has to protect this unit or get eliminated if its killed.

A new commerce can be introduced with the all new slave trade.

Then we can barter one another for like example...

"Okay Mythos_Ruler... I have 26 slaves I can trade you for 500 wood."

Or I gots 40 slaves I stole from Leper, that Mythos can give me a piece of Lepers territory he stole, or whatever...

So why slaves? What hell is this about?

Slaves van be a great source of commerce, but what do they do????

Slaves can build things exceptionally fast.

Slaves can keep the general populace happy.

Slaves can also gather exceptionally fast ... So in a way who wouldn't want a slave if it means a much higher rate in both production, and development and to cater for the general needs and wants from the standard populace?

All of this takes place on a massive map hosted by a server.

A devoted subforum for this can have a the map status of current prestige and empire borders. Like it was a genuine living world with a significant agenda to it.

Is this conceptually interesting or this a bit technical?

Sounds a bit like the Stronghold games.

Well not quite, however similar mechanics.

But you are still in control over everything as normal, however the moment that loyalty hits the red let's just say, then your population converts into an uncontrollable AI and all hell breaks lose. so as opposed to a Stronghold variant, where people leave, here they fight and cause problems forcing the player to think politically and strategically.

So how would the politics then work?

Well picture this as one of countless examples...

Say Mythos and I agreed a trade deal for 50 slaves for 500 wood, I then send my slaves to his city... But... Half way there leper attacks the wagon chain and kills or either captures them.

Now all of a sudden, Mythos and I are now at a loss. So we host a senate talk and discuss how we should resolve matters and when. Either ally in military force, or boycott leper by threatening other factions to cease trade routs and put heavy sanctions on leper to hurt his economy.

So you can understand the political nature?

There's a lot more to this than what I have mentioned though