Get update without re-downloading the whole game?

Zurpsy

SVN can be used for incremental updates, as Sighvatr says, but it requires quite a bit more than 500 Mb ;) 2 Gb at the least (takes all source files first, after that it can update changed files only). That of course excludes any necessary development environment (e.g., Visual Studio, XCode, gcc) which may need to be downloaded and configured as well (although on Windows it shouldn't be necessary).

If data caps and/or a slow connection are the issue SVN does not help much because of the high initial download volume. If ease of use is an issue the SVN version is definitely not better ;)

Edited by dvangennip

Whats your download speed then. when i download new versions it takes maybe 5min there are games/mods that release patches mutch bigger so i dont see the problem or you must have really slow internet.

Many places in the world have data caps, that is limits on how much you can download. From your nickname I take you are Dutch, and caps do not exist there. 10 Gb per day is feasible and no problem. However, elsewhere you might find that 1 Gb per week is the maximum (or even less) and perhaps not that easy to reach. So downloading 0 A.D. means you can't do much else ;)