How to make Skirmish maps?

Keaton the Wise

I added a question mark to the title for you :) And yes, first of all you need to be using the SVN version, or once it's released Alpha 15 :) Second, just create a map the normal way with mountains, water, trees, mines etc. And finally, third: you add "skirmish" entities (just search for skirmish in the objects tab) instead of normal entities on the map (make sure it's for the correct player, and place Iberian walls etc so it works for all civs :) ), then save as a skirmish map (click the skirmish tab rather than the scenario tab that appears by default when you click save) and you're done :)

No, Alpha 15 isn't out yet, it will be soon though, so I thought I'd mention that so anyone reading this once it's out will know that they don't need to use SVN to get it :)

About SVN. Short version: SVN is how we make sure everyone stays up-to-date on the development files. Long version: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/TortoiseSVN_Guide :) It's a bit trickier than using the Alpha versions, but if you want to stay up-to-date/possibly mod things it's definitely worth it :)

And saving it as a skirmish map just requires you to choose one tab over another in the "Save" dialogue :) (Again, you need the development version or wait for Alpha 15.)

• Like 1