Greetings! Here to help!

Hey everyone, I've been following and playing 0AD for about six months after discovering it on wikipedia, of all places. I'm a long time RTS fan. Started with the entire Age of Empires franchise, and eventually wound up mostly playing Starcraft 2 these days. 0AD appeals to me for the indie development, of course, but also the classic "sword and shield" setting. Excited to see where it's going!

For many years I've had a hobby of designing board games. I've learned a lot of principles about what makes a game successful, especially in drawing in new players. If any of that experience would be helpful I'm more than willing to contribute.

I'm particularly excited to see a multiplayer lobby. I've been a bit of a competitive RTS player when I have the time for it, and an avid fan of good shoutcasting for RTS games. I may be willing to help with moderating a ladder/ranking system, managing tournaments, or dabbling in shoutcasting if any of those would be helpful to growing the game and adding interest. I believe good competitive multiplayer communities are a fantastic way to grow a game and it's community.

I have a bachelors degree in music management, which essentially is a business degree for the music industry. I may be able to help brainstorm or execute marketing strategies if that would be helpful. I'm also a musician and producer, but I think your crew is doing an excellent job in that area already, so hats off to them!

At any rate, you all are fantastic! Thank you so much to everyone who is coding, drawing, and doing all those crazy talented things I have no aptitude for whatsoever. You're awesome!

May the sun shine on your sword ever brightly,

Drin

May the sun shine on your sword ever brightly,

Best sign-off ever

haha

The game could definitely use more attention, I know I was surprised when I found it!

I'm just an artist guy, so PR is not quite my department. (maybe a little bit)

It might be a bit early in alpha to start thinking of tournaments and the like, since the game changes drastically with each release. It could still be a boatload of fun for those already dedicated though.

Whatever the case, welcome to the forums!

For gameplay changes, you should talk to the design team. Mainly Mythos_Ruler and alpha123 are currently active with balancing the stats etc. I suggest you contact those people on the #0ad-dev Quakenet IRC channel (IRC is easier to discuss than forums).

As for PR, you should probably talk to Jeru. He isn't that active on IRC though. But once you have 5 posts here, you can PM him.

Managing tournaments isn't really needed now, it's only good if their input can be used to make the game a bit better. The game isn't finished, so any player ranking or similar is rather arbitrary.