Unable to get the code from svn or git

anzen516

Hi,

I am new to these forums. I hope I am posting this topic in the right place. Do tell me if I need to correct anything. I am trying to build the 0AD source code for Ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit). So far, I have not even been able to download the code.

I tried cloning from git, but the 'remote hung unexpectedly'. There are about 219055 objects in all. After about some 2000 objects were downloaded, the clone failed. So I tried with depth = 1. The clone failed after almost an equal number of objects were received.

I tried git svn, cloning directly from the svn repo. But in this case, after creating a .git directory partially, the command terminates prematurely without any errors. git log informs : 'fatal: bad default revision 'HEAD''. This is the command that I used :

git svn clone http://svn.wildfireg...ublic/ps/trunk/ 0ad -s.

(The reason I used git svn is that it is said to be resumable in case an update is interrupted, as my connection is unstable.)

I also tried :

git svn clone -r13536:HEAD http://svn.wildfireg...ublic/ps/trunk/ 0ad -s

Same problem. The clone stops abruptly without any error messages. git svn fetch : also does not resume or complete the clone.

I have not yet tried cloning from svn directly as I am not used to svn. Is there any way around this problem? Or will I have to start with subversion. I am not sure, but I have read that downloading from subversion can be huge when compared to git. I am afraid I don't have an unlimited (internet) plan.

Of course I followed the Build Instructions. What I meant from the above post is that the git clone does not complete. I also tried git svn. But it does not work either. I wanted to know if at all the code can be cloned using git.

I have now started cloning from svn. It is working.

Of course I followed the Build Instructions. What I meant from the above post is that the git clone does not complete. I also tried git svn. But it does not work either. I wanted to know if at all the code can be cloned using git.

I have now started cloning from svn. It is working.

I just finished downloading it all using git clone, so it is working fine. Maybe you should check for connection issues since it could be what is interrupting your downloading.

If the SVN checkout fails it should be possible to just use SVN update to get it all. It's fairly common that there will be some error when trying to checkout everything, but in that case it's usually just to update and you'll eventually get everything.