Um.. Hello people.

Despite the sad state of affairs for historically based strategy games (aside from the brilliant Total War series, what is there these days?), I eventually stumbled upon this game and was so relieved. Being a former Age of Mythology (I know, it's more fantasy than not) and Rise of Nations fan, I was hooked. The gameplay feels new but has that touch of nostalgia from the Age of and Rise sagas. Great stuff.

I also appreciate all the little details, such as the more authentic unit names, the languages uttered by them, the terrain and the building architecture.

I do have a couple of questions and if they've already been answered elsewhere, please forgive me.

1) Why isn't Egypt fetaured in the game? Are there plans to include them? I understand why societies like Pontus aren't in game, but Egypt was important during this game's timeframe.

2) Will the game's civilisation selection ever expand into east Asia a la the Yayoi period of Japan?

3) Is there any way to select singleplayer maps without having preset factions and player numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Krios! Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for your kind words :D

I'll ask your questions:

1) (Hellenized) Egypt will be officially the next (and maybe last) civilization we'll include into the game: Ptolemaic Kingdom (which fits 0 A.D. timeframe)

2) There's an official mod called "Rise of the East" that will have at least one asian civ: Chinese. I don't know if they're going to expand on the number of civs. The main game is centered on civs that got in touch with european civs (read romans)

3)Yes there is. You have to change the Map type to "random" instead of "Scenario" There you can change all the map options as well as the civs you want to choose. Scenarios are like preset challenges that we offer to the players.

If you're looking for people to engage in multiplayer games, you can drop by IRC channel #0ad, sometimes you'll find people there to play.

I hope that helps :P

Can I ask you how did you know about 0 A.D.?

• Like 1

Despite the sad state of affairs for historically based strategy games (aside from the brilliant Total War series, what is there these days?), I eventually stumbled upon this game and was so relieved. Being a former Age of Mythology (I know, it's more fantasy than not) and Rise of Nations fan, I was hooked. The gameplay feels new but has that touch of nostalgia from the Age of and Rise sagas. Great stuff.

I also appreciate all the little details, such as the more authentic unit names, the languages uttered by them, the terrain and the building architecture.

I do have a couple of questions and if they've already been answered elsewhere, please forgive me.

1) Why isn't Egypt fetaured in the game? Are there plans to include them? I understand why societies like Pontus aren't in game, but Egypt was important during this game's timeframe.

2) Will the game's civilisation selection ever expand into east Asia a la the Yayoi period of Japan?

3) Is there any way to select singleplayer maps without having preset factions and player numbers?

Thanks in advance.

many of us are plannig DLC packs for Incluide Extra civs, but need work, and 1.0 version is endend.