Endless wood chopping

TotalNoobPL

that is different bug, this is when ai don't have a warehouse/mill/dropsite. or any building, same thing happens with farming and mining

What makes you so sure this is due to there not being a dropsite? I've seen this when the tree is unreachable too. Also, this doesn't look like the AI player - the civ emblem is Iberian and so are the buildings in screenshot.

There is a similar issue with qBot though, where it will try gathering from a resource and then stop if there is no drop site and then start again over and over, but that is an issue in qBot, not in UnitAI.

What makes you so sure this is due to there not being a dropsite? I've seen this when the tree is unreachable too. Also, this doesn't look like the AI player - the civ emblem is Iberian and so are the buildings in screenshot.

There is a similar issue with qBot though, where it will try gathering from a resource and then stop if there is no drop site and then start again over and over, but that is an issue in qBot, not in UnitAI.

after i was destroyed all they buildings they continues cutting and do it economic task. and they are no to close to border.

another bug, the units dont do anything in border, stacked next to other units. but i take a shoot for confirm.

after i was destroyed all they buildings they continues cutting and do it economic task. and they are no to close to border.

another bug, the units dont do anything in border, stacked next to other units. but i take a shoot for confirm.

Yes, yes. But what makes you sure there were no dropsites left in the game played by TotalNoobPL?

Is that a video of TotalNoobPL's game?

no, its not but may be can be same bug, this video is from SNV last Build. is a regular gameplay and is no first time a saw this behavior. the unit dont end to cutting even 20/20, may be TotalNoobPL can be givve us a video or screenshot.

if noticed is diferente that when The AI tries to reach a tree that is outside of the map.

no, its not but may be can be same bug, this video is from SNV last Build. is a regular gameplay and is no first time a saw this behavior. the unit dont end to cutting even 20/20, may be TotalNoobPL can be givve us a video or screenshot.

if noticed is diferente that when The AI tries to reach a tree that is outside of the map.

i try to do.

steps to replicate this bug:

conquest all map building in all territory possible and destroy all AI buildings.

even when a replay she stop, after a few minutes, start again try to cutt over her capacity and dont go a dropsite, obviusly

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

The bug shown in your video is a different one:

Because the player shown in TotalNoobPL's screenshot is not an AI.

hmm,i didn't notice, so are two similar bugs?.

now i see, its similar to border bug, that can reach a tree in border. that was fixed, right?

the mine is a Ai bug. other similar to these is unitsin border stand by, ai must be generate a order in that cases, like EE never stop to build , or find resources., or ai must be resign.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I checked my current svn version (haven't updated since that bug) and it is 13133. Those women workers belonged to me and I had plenty of dropsites on the map. No additional data about this bug is available. I made one screenshot and archived those two logfiles I mentioned.

EDIT: The video posted above does not show my situation. Workers were chopping at the edge of the map, they were returning the wood to dropsite (afair) and were returning back for more. For sure they were cutting with no pause (as seen on the vid).

Edited by TotalNoobPL

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new fact about the bug, it appeared again. Again workers were chopping wood at the edge of the map - but there was no trees there and they did not gain any wood too. Just swinging axes all the time.

I get that too occasionally. It's likely the same issue, the tree is just beyond the edge of the map.