===[COMMITTED]=== Mauryan Shields

Enrique

that means you saw yet last transparency designs?? and the one for Change is this model, and they looks like in game like as my original proffer??

you guys could show me how the Shield looks in game for know how i can modify?

how exactly add the wood grian, with texture, with a Brush ...or ?

I changed the back shield wood texture in blender and rendered the shields with and without the (things to hold them) with that wood texture.

Used the mask layer to select only that portion.

I desaturated it (make it black and white) and played a little with the color levels to make it not so dark. Then I turned that layer to multiply blending.

You can take a look to the layer's setup in the last picture I posted. The layer called "wood detail" is the one with the wood grain on it.

The playercolor test is just for testing how the playercolor would show, but without that red layer, the red parts are almost transparent.

When I speak of transparency, I don't refer to have the color partially transparent, like you did on the blue sun shield, but have it completely transparent where the playercolor will show, and leave the wood detail to add the wood grain on it ;)

I'm going to re-upload the templates with this "wood grain" layer in all shields. So you'll just have to paint the symbols designs ;)

Please be patient, I think I'll have them uploaded this afternoon :)

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask (or tell me if you prefer the answers in spanish also)

Thanks!

I think it's better to work on as many layers as you can, so you can have much more control on the individual pieces that form your design.

i.e. I have divided our design in two layers, one with the sun, and the other with the scales. This way if we want to make some changes it's easier to only touch that layer ;)

post-13528-0-18230000-1351020175_thumb.j

When will you guys start to make the units?

Unit work already started:

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16056&st=240#entry248085

The thing is that currently we have very little active members on the Art dept. I should be doing rubbles instead of Mauryan shields :P

I'm posting .blend files and texture templates to encourage the community to help with the art tasks to speed up things a bit.

But keep in mind that people here is working on 0 A.D. voluntarily on their free time. And free time is not always available.

• Like 1

Unit work already started:

http://www.wildfireg...240#entry248085

The thing is that currently we have very little active members on the Art dept. I should be doing rubbles instead of Mauryan shields :P

I'm posting .blend files and texture templates to encourage the community to help with the art tasks to speed up things a bit.

But keep in mind that people here is working on 0 A.D. voluntarily on their free time. And free time is not always available.

Oh ok. I thought you guys will start much later.

You're doing an amazing job Enrique. bWhME.gif

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4655

http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4653

So if you're blue player the background will be blue right?

Edited by lilstewie

its to me? or Enrique?

I think he's asking to me ;)

If you commit the shield meshes and what textures you have already, then I can make the actors and add them to the units. :)

I'll work this night shift on finishing at least one texture variation for each shield shape to test them on the units :)

BTW, shield meshes do not need any prop-points, right? just exporting with the center where we want the "root"? amirite? :P

I'd like Enrique to commit them to the game so I can see how they look and come up with some ideas on how many variations we need. ;)

We'll definitely need at least 3 variations for each shield shape. (y)

I forgot my pendrive at work and I wasn't able to work today and commit the shields and textures :(

Expect them soon.

Btw, normal/specular are needed? I know currently animated meshes cannot show normals, but can props? or they're too small to even bother?