Introduction

Hello to all, I started playing this game last and all of Spring Break. I've played Age of Empires I, II, and III; Civilization 3; Medieval Total War 2 and the Napoleon Total War games. I also play Mount&Blade:Warband (just saw a familiar face on these forums not too long ago).

I enjoy playing 0 A.D. and I hope this game is never finished (I like new content)! My favorite Faction has to be the Early Romans for their Citizen-Soldiers.

Also, it would be really nice if I can find somebody to play a Multiplayer Game with me. PM me a time, date, and IP Address. I don't mind talking on TeamSpeak 3 Client either.

A suggestion to this game is that they add in the occasional Wilhelm Death Scream. :)

A question though, am I allowed to provide/contribute sounds to this game unofficially? Meaning that can I add in a collection of easily accessible sounds to a resource folder for this game to possibly use? To dump my amateur sound files into 0 A.D.'s Big-Bad-Box-of-sounds? I think it would be pretty cool to hear something I created in this game.

Edited by Sighvatr

Hello and :welcome:

A question though, am I allowed to provide/contribute sounds to this game unofficially? Meaning that can I add in a collection of easily accessible sounds to a resource folder for this game to possibly use? To dump my amateur sound files into 0 A.D.'s Big-Bad-Box-of-sounds? I think it would be pretty cool to hear something I created in this game.

I suggest you get in touch with our new sound designer, khegarty. There's a chance we could include your sounds if they fill an existing need and are compatibly licensed :) You might still need to put in an application, depending. Do you have any examples of your work you can link to?

Welcome Sighvatr :bye: !

Awesome!

Hello and :welcome:

I suggest you get in touch with our new sound designer, khegarty. There's a chance we could include your sounds if they fill an existing need and are compatibly licensed :) You might still need to put in an application, depending. Do you have any examples of your work you can link to?

Thank You! Well okay.. I'm more of a novice. I've created sound mods for my own personal amusements in other games, and I did do some voicing for my relative's flash game. I will attempt to dig up some of my early works, but I may have had them deleted by now.

I agree, of course I think we would run into some copyright issues. Boo! :/ I'm sure we can come up with something equally clever that would be copyright free though!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream#Usage Not sure what this tells us regarding copyright.

See my post here:

There is a public domain file, which indeed can be used as an Easter egg, it is up to our artists though.

Thank you for the welcomes! I've managed to get my buddies on TS3 and play a few multiplayer games. I've managed to play a 1 vs 1 vs 1 game.

Have to say, I hate Persians when other people are playing them. Romans and Carthaginians didnt work for me against them. Maybe I'll have to try Athens next.

Thank you for the welcomes! I've managed to get my buddies on TS3 and play a few multiplayer games. I've managed to play a 1 vs 1 vs 1 game.

Have to say, I hate Persians when other people are playing them. Romans and Carthaginians didnt work for me against them. Maybe I'll have to try Athens next.

Try taking advantage of siege camps and walls (a strategy called investment, most prominently employed during the Battle of Alesia) with the Romans.

Try fielding a force of elephants supported by citizen-soldiers with the Carthaginians.

Edited by Zeta1127