Post-processing effects test (SSAO/HDR/Bloom)

Haven't been able to reproduce. Be more specific. Which map? GLSL or ARB?

The screenshot above is from the 'Tropical Island' map with GLSL. The whole GLSL shadowmap implementation seems a bit shaky on my computer (the flickering etc.), but I do not experience this particular issue on 0ad/master.

The screenshot above is from the 'Tropical Island' map with GLSL. The whole GLSL shadowmap implementation seems a bit shaky on my computer (the flickering etc.), but I do not experience this particular issue on 0ad/master.

The thing is, the minimap depends on the LOS code, not on the water shader. Make sure you're using the right shaders & you've recompiled. If that doesn't help, does this also occur in "merged"?

The thing is, the minimap depends on the LOS code, not on the water shader. Make sure you're using the right shaders & you've recompiled. If that doesn't help, does this also occur in "merged"?

Yes, it does happen in merged. I'll try to see if it happens in smoothlos too.

On smoothlos, if I enable shadows, I get the flickering and the minimap turns completely black:

Ok, think I got it! Try either merged or smoothlos.

Okay, I got the AO and the self-light to work (along with the rest). AO looks so incredibly cool.

Awesome! :)

Ok, let's stick to the smoothlos branch for now because this is definitely a LOS-related bug.

So far your findings tell us that this happens when preferglsl is true and happens regardless of whether smoothlos is enabled in the config or not. Is this correct?

So far your findings tell us that this happens when preferglsl is true and happens regardless of whether smoothlos is enabled in the config or not. Is this correct?

It happens when preferglsl is true and smoothlos is true or false and shadows are enabled, yes.

Hmm. It also happens on this commit:

commit 9ef088e531f4f16ce7df773c4336c60bd272bb41
Author: myconid <christofi.cos@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 21 14:30:34 2012 +0300

Windy trees; Basic Time Manager; RenderQueries

Which would suggest that it goes way back and is unrelated to smooth LOS.

Edited by zoot

Ahem, it does happen on the latest commit on 0ad/master also. I must have botched my first test and forgot to set glsl to true or not moved the camera enough for the bug to show.

Anyway, it is a bug in the engine, not in your changes.

I'm relieved, as I had no clue what in my changes could be causing this, other than the LOS changes that we ruled out.

Still, we should get this fixed! I'll look at the minimap code tonight (it seems like it's using old-style OpenGL calls to do the drawing).

Anyway, enough multi-multi-multi-tasking, back to multi-multi-tasking so I can get some work done. :moil:

Allright, I've ported the water shader (slightly modified), experimental grass, moving trees and modelMapping as a whole. Download here.

Edit: should check, but the ARB shader might have grass' alpha decreasing with each layer. T'was a test.

Edited by wraitii

Allright, I've ported the water shader (slightly modified), experimental grass, moving trees and modelMapping as a whole. Download here.

Edit: should check, but the ARB shader might have grass' alpha decreasing with each layer. T'was a test.

I'm getting this when doing update-workspaces.sh:

make[1]: Premake4.make: No such file or directory

Edited by zoot