Can't rebuild - revision 11203 [SOLVED]

Almin

Am I (always) the only one with errors during compilation?

SmoothElevation.cpp
EngineScriptConversions.cpp
MessageTypeConversions.cpp
ScriptComponent.cpp
PaintTerrain.cpp
StdSerializer.cpp
AlterElevation.cpp
FillTerrain.cpp
StdDeserializer.cpp
Linking graphics
ISerializer.cpp
PlaceObject.cpp
ActorViewerTool.cpp
IDeserializer.cpp
TransformObject.cpp
HashSerializer.cpp
BinarySerializer.cpp
MiscState.cpp
Tools.cpp
Brushes.cpp
../../../source/simulation2/serialization/BinarySerializer.cpp: In Elementfunktion »void CBinarySerializerScriptImpl::HandleScriptVal(jsval)«:
../../../source/simulation2/serialization/BinarySerializer.cpp:149:15: Fehler: »const wchar_t [10]« kann nicht nach »const jschar* {aka const short unsigned int*}« in Zuweisung umgewandelt werden
ObjectSettings.cpp
make[1]: *** [obj/simulation2_Release/BinarySerializer.o] Fehler 1
make: *** [simulation2] Fehler 2
make: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
Linking AtlasUI

edit:

Just for the case that it might help somehow: Revision 11111 from 2012-02-21 did work, so the mistake must happened between then and 11203(today)

Edited by Almin

Thanks for reporting this. The error was created in 11199. This will be fixed fairly soon, it was due to a difference in string handling between linux and widows.

Thanks for reporting this :) Fixed in r11207

Linking test

Running 258 tests..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................OK!

:drunk::cheers::banana::victory:

I still wonder how you can find an error with that little information in that time, but however I've got a new wish:

We DEFINITELY need a new smiley for the forum-users to state how totally in love we are with all the people invited in this project, as declarations of love are becoming boring with the time, don't they? And furthermore I no longer know what to write once again. You guys are just incredible! (y)

[sOLVED]

I still wonder how you can find an error with that little information in that time.

The problem affected all Linux builds and since people on the team are compiling daily it was pretty easy to spot where the problem was. I was told about it on irc and so I just repeated it here (plus my own build was broken).