Missing file!

Today I tested svn-10904, found a bug, the game graphics files can not be loaded correctly, the lack of conversion.dll file, please fix this problem, thank you!

My operating system is win7 32bit, I use 2008.net, there is a compilation error:

GAME STARTED, ALL INIT COMPLETE

ERROR: DllLoader: dlopen (Collada.so) failed: module not found; dlopen (Collada_dbg.so) failed: module not found;

TIMER | LoadDLL: 2.45667 ms

ERROR: Failed to load COLLADA conversion DLL

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art / meshes / skeletal / f_dress.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry:: BuildVariation (): Model art / meshes / skeletal / f_dress.dae failed to load

ERROR: Failed to load COLLADA conversion DLL

ERROR: Could not load mesh 'art / meshes / skeletal / f_dress.dae'

ERROR: CObjectEntry:: BuildVariation (): Model art / meshes / skeletal / f_dress.dae failed to load

2389428-pj3t.jpg

Edited by gameboy

@Spahbod: Thank you, this problem has been solved!

@historic_bruno: But I found a very serious problem: When I built the game around 20 people in the army to attack enemy forces, the game began to get behind, I think this is a memory leak problem,

My memory is 4G, CPU: Intel ® Core ™ 2 Quad Processor Q8300 (4M Cache),2.50 GHz, system: Win7 32bit.

Edited by gameboy

If a model is already cached, it won't be converted from DAE again.

I use 0 ad the mod, I did not use other mod files, thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, I tested svn-1094, I found the game's problems, the game their own problems, this error appeared in the java script inside.

2390084-x2ef.jpg

Once again, I tested svn-1094, I found the game's problems, the game their own problems, this error appeared in the java script inside.

2390084-x2ef.jpg

Hmm, looking at the background and the small piece of the minimap you can see that looks like you are playing on an islands map? The AI cannot currently use island maps. I'm not sure whether that is the problem in this case as I'm not the AI programmer, but thought I should mention it in any case so you (and anyone else reading this) is aware of it for the future if nothing else.

Also, it is easier to see the errors if we get them in a text format rather than from an image like that. To easiest do that you can

How is it possible when there are some models there in the map? Did you use two different files for models?

To expand on Ben's possibly cryptic answer: we use Collada (.dae) files to create the models and animations, but then the game engine automatically converts the Collada files to a custom format. For release versions this is done while the release is being packaged, but if you're using the SVN version it is being done on-the-fly while running the game. In both cases the files are then cached, so the process only needs to be run once per model. (And something similar is done for the texture files, many are created as PNG files, but converted to .dds files either when first encountered in a map/Atlas if you use the SVN version, or when packaging for the release versions.)

the game engine automatically converts the Collada files to a custom format. For release versions this is done while the release is being packaged, but if you're using the SVN version it is being done on-the-fly while running the game.

Actually we don't do that yet (though we ought to) - only textures and XML files get automatically converted when generating the public.zip for releases. Releases and SVN should fail in the same way when the Collada DLL fails to compile or to load (i.e. only show old models that are stored as .pmd in SVN, or ones that were previously cached).

Actually we don't do that yet (though we ought to) - only textures and XML files get automatically converted when generating the public.zip for releases. Releases and SVN should fail in the same way when the Collada DLL fails to compile or to load (i.e. only show old models that are stored as .pmd in SVN, or ones that were previously cached).

Aha :P That shows how much I know about these things =) Ah well, I'm grateful I don't have to know it all but have a lot of other people on the team to know all the details :)

That error is because the bot has no CC when the game starts. I need to get round to fixing it, but island maps are useless with bots anyway since they can't build ships.

ok,I let the island's people (some soldiers can build ships in the sea) built a ship in the sea, when ships are built out, I let the 20 soldiers boarded the ship, this time the game started lagging behind the speed.

BTW: (1). When the number of buildings and soldiers began to increase, such as the construction of five to six buildings and 20 soldiers, the game became lag, the game became one of the walking speed lag, use the arrow keys to move the game screen when the game becomes lagging.

(2). the lack of action of some animals and I ordered his soldiers to attack the forest bison and wild elephants and wild elephant, these animals do not run the action or walking action while the action did not attack, they only parallel on the map move, I forgot to tell you: There is also a lack of wild zebra; for example running, walking movements of these animals need these actions.

(3). move warships and fishing boats at sea when the ship's sides and stern should spray.

Edited by gameboy

• 2 weeks later...

We're continuously working on adding new animations. Alpha 9 will see a lot of new ones, both for animals and other things. However, animating is a lot harder than creating the models, so unfortunately it will probably be a while before everything that we would like to have animated is animated.