In game manual out of date

howlingflute

The in game manual accessed via the learn to play button contains out of date information. For example under the category single player it says:

The game does not have any AI opponents yet, but you can use this to test the game's mechanics

It should now say something like:

The game has experimental AI opponents that you can use in this mode to test the game's mechanics

Also I think the in game manual should mention something about selecting match type : Scenario vs Random

and should mention something about the map filters

This all should be very easy to fix as all it requires is editing 0ad/binaries/data/mods/public/gui/manual/intro.txt

Thanks. Am updating it (y)

Looks good. May I also suggest adding some more about lesser known hot keys. Such as being able to store control groups for entities. So for example pressing Ctrl+1 while units are selected to store that control group. Then when you want to retrieve all those units pressing 1. And to add to a selection group by Shift+1.

Also the "." to cycle through idle workers, "," to cycle through idle warriors. The Alt key to include offscreen units in a selection. G toggles the gui. Shift+F toggles the frame count.

Also you may want to mention that keys can be modified from their default binding in 0ad/binaries/data/config/default.cfg

• 2 months later...

Looks good. May I also suggest adding some more about lesser known hot keys. Such as being able to store control groups for entities. So for example pressing Ctrl+1 while units are selected to store that control group. Then when you want to retrieve all those units pressing 1. And to add to a selection group by Shift+1.

Also the "." to cycle through idle workers, "," to cycle through idle warriors. The Alt key to include offscreen units in a selection. G toggles the gui. Shift+F toggles the frame count.

Also you may want to mention that keys can be modified from their default binding in 0ad/binaries/data/config/default.cfg

Finally got around to adding the useful of the ones you mention, I've left out the G key as that seems less than useful in most cases. I think it's generally best to keep this document as short and basic as possible, at least until we have a proper manual system with several pages, and perhaps search etc, for now too much information and people will be unable to find the important stuff in all the text. For more info there's always the Wiki manual.