Atlas GUI minor bugs

howlingflute

I thought I would post this here. I noticed in Atlas that there are a few minor gui bugs. One is that the variation selector for an object seems broken at the moment. It does nothing. I looked at the code and there seems to be code to implement this but currently not working. The other minor bug I notice is in the player dialogue. The colour selector really should show the colour that is currently selected for a player by painting the colour on the button.

post-12995-0-40803200-1315066126_thumb.p post-12995-0-12347600-1315066139_thumb.p

Edited by howlingflute

Thanks for the report :)

One is that the variation selector for an object seems broken at the moment. It does nothing.

I don't know what the story behind this is, maybe it's left there as a reminder that it needs fixing :D

The colour selector really should show the colour that is currently selected for a player by painting the colour on the button.

Are you referring to Alpha 6 by chance? This problem should be fixed in SVN (r10064 was the relevant change).

Are you referring to Alpha 6 by chance? This problem should be fixed in SVN (r10064 was the relevant change).

No, I am currently running a custom build from the SVN source r10181. I am running the game on Ubuntu, so this could be a linux issue. The way I see the colour selector is shown in the screenshot attached to the first post.

The result I got from running that command was

Do I need a updated version of wx?

Hmm, I tested just now and it seems to work for me (also using 2.8.11.0). Maybe check the basics first, like are you running the same binary that you built (debug vs. release) and check the date to make sure the build time is as expected. If that checks out, are there any specific steps to reproduce this?

Hmm, I tested just now and it seems to work for me (also using 2.8.11.0). Maybe check the basics first, like are you running the same binary that you built (debug vs. release) and check the date to make sure the build time is as expected. If that checks out, are there any specific steps to reproduce this?

I can't figure out what is going wrong on my copy. I am using the correct version when I start pyrogenesis it says Build: Sep 3 2011

so I am using the most recent build. Its puzzling... There are no specific steps to recreate. Well thanks for your help :).

That sounds likely yeah :) The ability to choose an actor variation was implemented in simulation1, but has yet to be (re-)implemented in simulation2 :) So a reminder seems likely =)

This ticket is relevant. There's no mechanism for saving the variations in the map file, so even if the control was added back to Atlas it wouldn't have much meaning (when we do implement this, the referenced ticket has some advice :))

Hmm, do you see the colors on the environment panel buttons (lighting, etc)?

No I don't, but at least there is hex saying what the color is, I didn't even realize those buttons were supposed to display the color.

The ticket you mentioned about the variations was interesting. Perhaps you can set / store the random seed you use to generate the variations on the map. I know for generating random maps in atlas if you set the seed to a desired number you will always get the same map, so something similar might work for normal maps.

No I don't, but at least there is hex saying what the color is, I didn't even realize those buttons were supposed to display the color.

That's interesting. Are you using the default theme for Ubuntu (assuming there are others)? For some reason your buttons are ignoring the background colour setting. I've found this problem on OS X, but I didn't know it affected wxGTK too. Maybe we do need to use a standard control for this.

That's interesting. Are you using the default theme for Ubuntu (assuming there are others)? For some reason your buttons are ignoring the background colour setting. I've found this problem on OS X, but I didn't know it affected wxGTK too. Maybe we do need to use a standard control for this.

I am using Ubuntu 10.10 with the New Wave theme. So no I don't think this is the default theme and I am running an older version of Ubuntu than most (mainly because I don't like the new unity launcher).

It turns out it is the themes fault. When I switch my theme to Clearlooks the color buttons work as advertised. (I tested all the themes that I have and New Wave seems to be the only one that has this problem).