Download instructions

jatthey

This game looks awesome and I would really like to play it. However, I'm not as tech–savvy as it seems like a lot of the people are here, and I need help with downloading the game. I know there are already some detailed instructions for downloading on each OS, but unfortunately those instructions aren't making a lot of sense to me yet.

I would therefore really appreciate it if somebody could lay out how to download the game and play it for me, in a step–by–step, very clear, very detailed way. For example, "Go here, then click this, then put this in that folder," or whatever.

I have a Mac, with OS Lion.

Thanks again! I really appreciate the patience of whoever would be able to help me with this.

While I definitely don't want to discourage you from trying it might be just as well if you wait a while before trying the game. Mainly because it can be fairly difficult to get it to run on a Mac, but also because there are still things which we just haven't been able to get to work on Macs yet. Mainly sound and the scenario editor. At least sound might be solved for Alpha 7 though, the main programmers have spent several hours today trying to debug it and fix it, so my suggestion is for you to keep following these forums and try again at a later time. There is a binary compiled by one of the forum members somewhere, but if I remember correctly that isn't working/working well with Lion.

While I definitely don't want to discourage you from trying it might be just as well if you wait a while before trying the game. Mainly because it can be fairly difficult to get it to run on a Mac, but also because there are still things which we just haven't been able to get to work on Macs yet. Mainly sound and the scenario editor. At least sound might be solved for Alpha 7 though, the main programmers have spent several hours today trying to debug it and fix it, so my suggestion is for you to keep following these forums and try again at a later time. There is a binary compiled by one of the forum members somewhere, but if I remember correctly that isn't working/working well with Lion.

OK thanks for the input feneur!

• 4 weeks later...

hey folks,

as alpha 7 is about to get released, i am very curious and keen on getting the game running.

so are there any improvements on a ready-to-play mac-version or a in-detail tutorial on how to compile it?

this would be very very useful as it seems, that a lot of mac-users out there love game but don't know exactly how to install it without additional help.

would be cool, if some folks who know would like to help ;)

thx A LOT in advance,

warm regards,

claas

Edited by JuliusColtranePille

as alpha 7 is about to get released, i am very curious and keen on getting the game running.

so are there any improvements on a ready-to-play mac-version or a in-detail tutorial on how to compile it?

this would be very very useful as it seems, that a lot of mac-users out there love game but don't know exactly how to install it without additional help.

Well if you're interested in compiling yourself, there has been a discussion here - several people have succeeded in building and running the latest revisions on OS X. We'll be updating the build instructions in the future. But OS X support is still very experimental and will need some fiddling to make it work.