Atlas & Maps

Saving a map with Atlas now causes Atlas to crash. Also the map is now corrupted, causing a crash when attempting to open in both Atlas and the Game. Oasis II is one such map. I reverted my working copy to a previous revision, but that's not a real solution. This happens on both my laptop and desktop local copies. Using auto-build.

Saving a map with Atlas now causes Atlas to crash. Also the map is now corrupted, causing a crash when attempting to open in both Atlas and the Game. Oasis II is one such map. I reverted my working copy to a previous revision, but that's not a real solution. This happens on both my laptop and desktop local copies. Using auto-build.

How long have you been seeing this?

I had a look at it, and it turns out that the reason why the game crashes when loading e.g. Oasis II is that the filesize recorded in the .pmp header is wrong, causing an exception when loaded. See details @ http://trac.wildfire....com/ticket/913 . If you fix the filesize in the header, it works fine again, so it would seem that the file corruption is rather trivial -- at least for Oasis II, I haven't looked at any other maps.

Edited by vts

I had a look at it, and it turns out that the reason why the game crashes when loading e.g. Oasis II is that the filesize recorded in the .pmp header is wrong, causing an exception when loaded. See details @ http://trac.wildfire....com/ticket/913 . If you fix the filesize in the header, it works fine again, so it would seem that the file corruption is rather trivial -- at least for Oasis II, I haven't looked at any other maps.

The bigger problem is why Atlas is saving maps like this at all. :)