So I Built A Heliopolis...

chaosislife

Please show.

Erm not certain how, it seems the board won't let me use tinypic to host it. Its more that the texture is flat and the boards a tad unnaturally straight, the model's not horrible, the only thing i would say about the model is that maybe instead of having the top portion be comprised of entirely separate pieces for each board that it just use a flat panel for each side and then use the texture to make it appear os though there are separate boards. As it is it seems a bit higher poly than necessary. Probably not a big hit on performance tho. Anyhow, I'll show you a pic just as soon as you explain how to get one to show up?

@Pureon, well it's clearly not that top secret now is it?:P Any clue which faction's gonna get the fighter plane? I say the Celts cuz they're my fave.

Edited by chaosislife

@Pureon, well it's clearly not that top secret now is it?:P Any clue which faction's gonna get the fighter plane? I say the Celts cuz they're my fave.

Celts are my favorite civ too :)

Its more that the texture is flat and the boards a tad unnaturally straight, the model's not horrible, the only thing i would say about the model is that maybe instead of having the top portion be comprised of entirely separate pieces for each board that it just use a flat panel for each side and then use the texture to make it appear os though there are separate boards.

Noted.

P.S. Update to the newest svn revision and garrison 15 infantry units in it, then move it (slowly) towards the enemy ;)

Erm not certain how, it seems the board won't let me use tinypic to host it

Tested and it looks like it works fine. How are you trying to include it? The code they provide should work fine, at least it did when I tested. Could be some settings I can't find that allows me to post but not you, but I doubt that since the only difference in the settings that I can find is that I'm allowed to upload files, and that should not affect images at all as long as you're not trying to upload one, not sure why you'd use Tinypic in that case though :)

1z4zez5.png

Ok, looks like I was just using the wrong link. For the added effect you should try watching it move.

@Mythos Ya sure? I've been pronouncing it HEE-LEE-AH-PO-LIS since AoM.

@ Pureon Garrison attack is awesome, any chance of enabling stances for it so I can tell it to stand still and use it as a roving defense battery? It'd be nice if I could do that with the other siege weapons as well.

Yikes it doesn't look at all nice with the graphics turned down! It's still very early in the texturing and modeling process, so it should improve significantly over the next few days or weeks.

@ Pureon Garrison attack is awesome, any chance of enabling stances for it so I can tell it to stand still and use it as a roving defense battery? It'd be nice if I could do that with the other siege weapons as well.

I've got no idea how to add stances, so I can't answer that yet.

Please also note that the current functionality of the helepolis is almost certainly going to change.

Helepolis is the siege tower. Heliopolis is an ancient city. :)

and oddly enough when the helepolis was captured and sold the funds were used to erect a monument to Helios from what I've read. I think this is the point where we should start thinking that the historians are trying to be funny.

@Pureon : Hmmm, how soon do you want to hear about errors relating to the helepolis?

Edited by chaosislife