A Few New 0 A.d. Youtube Videos.

Mythos_Ruler

Oh look here! Another new one! ;)

:) Nice. A really wide monitor you've got :D (To be nitpicky, the content is released under the license you mentioned, while the code is available under the GPL license. It's more complicated than that when you look really close at it, with the GPL existing in different versions etc, but it's a good enough approximation :D )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A Russian video. Anyone translate? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7YX0VvaWPk&NR=1

Oh, there is a lot of text and I have bad skills in ru->en translation, but here is rough translation:

"Thoughts of crazy 2: 0.A.D"

<0:00> hello everyone, dear friends, this is my second podcast "thoughts of crazy", in which I will tell about the game, which I very like and I will tell very carefully, because my neighbours on the top trying to break my ceiling <more text not about 0ad>

<0:34> this game is called 0ad, i.e. year zero, as far as I understood, and this is something like age of empires, but this is strategy of my dream indeed, I will explain why: despite the face, that the game is in stage of, as I can say, early alpha, alpha 4 if you can see, I like the game, because this is absolutely not playable piece of game itself, but there is exists some ideas, which grabs me very much and I keep on playing this project, which I very like, I repeat.

<1:17> for example, we have number of hoplites from the start, and in alpha only Greeks is available and if we will sent them, for example, to cut the stone, they take off armour and start to cut stone, i.e. hoplites is the main peasant power, despite of these dames, which is working now. Ordinary peasants can build only peace buildings, but hoplites can build also military things.

<1:50> ok, lets sent our <I don't understood what he said> to cut trees, and for these we will order to build barracks.

<1:56> <here he tell about his podcast, about some guy and other things not about 0ad>

<3:42> what I want tell about this game, 0ad, you see gameplay by yourself, it is <something like awesome> on my opinion, i.e. look at this, we can select 4, already 5 soldiers and ... nothing is available: formations isn't available, there is no any tactic and bots are stupid, but multiplayer is available, it is very interesting to play this game

<4:06> here is some wonders of world and huge number of buildings

<4:27> I will assemble a small squad, at the same time women working on the field; so we have a small squad from 7 hoplites, ah, as it turned out from 8 hoplites, we moving to reconnaissance; btw, you can notice, that for such not experienced developer... I don't know who is developer at all, to be honest, but you can notice, that animation is very much [good], although AI don't shine with some knowledge

<5:01> for example, here, [units] stumble over some goats; and here we already see an enemy and another blunder of AI, it is don't react to attack, they will react only when it will reach it's target, i.e. you see, they trying to go round us with huge loss in 2 men. In spite of these small 8-vs-8 battles, greater battles looks just charming, i.e. 30 vs the same 8, because bot can't train more than 8 men. Indeed 30 men looks very epic, however the battle is not that, that I want to show you;

<5:44> we have 8 men and suddenly we decide to build a camp or stock some resources; what we do ? we build a warehouse, which I literally just found, i.e. I found how to build a warehouses, simultaneously we have here <can't hear behind we sounds of battle>; we build a warehouse, i.e. our hoplites take off their weapon and build a warehouse and we can freely collect resources and trees and at the same time can build...

<6:16> btw, battlefield after a battle looks more epic; in general this is very interesting project, I in every way support developers, i.e. I advice all to play, I will give a link to the official site and to the wikipedia [article] later, initially in the game planned multitude of nations, like Celts, Romans, Greeks, with which I play now, I don't read this from the paper, you can hear now rusting of the paper, but just to feel myself more comfortable and tell and totally calm down I hold near me a crispy paper. So, what I wanted to say, will be multitude of nations, this is fourth alpha, but I'm playing in it with great interest, i.e. I don't know, but something in it grabs me, and if developers will keep the same attitude, it will be strategy of my life; I will set timer to one more minute, I'm late

<7:40> and we see another battle skirmish, we assemble people, they dress armour, mobilize and go to attack, you see, infantry can cross small rivers; surprisingly to me, here is rather many maps, much more than units, but have the brightly expressed yearning to reach our camp and even if we block the pass, the bot don't care, bot is slow-witted, it don't react to our fighting and it going to assault; on the whole, in a nutshell, in two words: the game with a soul, I described to you separately; well, ducks are quack and this meant that I need to go, thank you all for viewing, with you was CrazyMichael, this is second podcast, bye all.