[questions] multiplayer components

Which file in 0A.D folder reveals the network source code? Can i open it with notpad?

Which port does 0AD uses to allow users to play multiplayers online?

I'm trying to connect users from webpage into the 0ad to setup a game using loopback communication (so a browser can communicate to 0a.d via localhost)

I'm little new to C but i'm trying to learn.

Hm, those .cpp and .h files are somewhat new to me. Will takes time to know them all.

Will the source files be updated to the game automatically If i make a change on it using notepad or do I need to use a program that applies updates to the game?

Right now, I'm trying to communicate to the 0A.D via loopback now.

How do I make 0.A.D respond back if a connection to 0.A.D from a browser using http://localhost:20595/

Right now, it is not acknowledging that 0A.D has receives the communication from the browser.

Gotcha, I dont really need to be good in C but I just need to be able to find information about 0AD and how to make browser and 0ad communicate to each other. If 0AD game does not handle HTTP then what other protocol does 0AD game handle?

Edit: I've trying to create something similar the way teamspeak uses like.

If it has it's own protocol handler then I could use it instead of using HTTP? I'm not sure what other protocol to use that could communicate itself to 0AD

Edited by rjs23

• 3 years later...